cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to 360

mikeberg
On our wavelength

I currently have two V6 boxes both containing recordings. Should I go for an upgrade to 360 or ask for a new box? Do I get a choice? Is there any benefit either way?

If I upgrade, I assume one V6 would be swapped for a mini? The main downside appears to be halving my recording space? Anything else major?

Thanks

47 REPLIES 47

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@G4DDS wrote:

Not switched to 360 as I want the others to iron out as many bugs before being forced to. Currently have 3 V6 so a single 360 and 2 mini boxes is a big "no" from me!

Just wondering though, have the 360 folks got proper series links and wishlists yet? V6 wishlists are the most useful things ever to grace a recording box in my opinion.

The 360 does not have a wish list however you can search for something using voice (e.g. ‘Movies with John Wayne’) and then manually save the result to your Watch list.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

"Currently have 3 V6 so a single 360 and 2 mini boxes is a big "no" from me!"

If you currently have 3 x V6 boxes, then I believe they can all be upgraded to 360 - no mini boxes required.

"manually save the result to your Watch list"

Is the 360 'Watch List' the same as the V6 'Wish List'?

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TonyJover, on 360 the Watchlist is just a list of stuff you can add to - things you would like to watch in future. I don't think its the same as the Wishlist which would actively record content with certain keywords etc.

Tom 

Thanks @Tom_F  So if there's a film I want to record the next time it's scheduled on any channel, there's no way to set that up?  Say I wanted to record "Ghost" the next time it's aired, there is no way to set that up automatically?

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

From what I can gather Wishlists haven't been brought over to the new software - possibly that will change with updates in future at the moment though it's not possible as far as I'm aware.

Tom 

Although I have expressed my like for the 360 software I do have concerns regarding development and tweaking it to give the functionality currently missing that is on the Tivo interface.

360 is based on a mature interface called Horizon 4 from Liberty Global. This seems to be fairly stable so the time scales for adding extra features that users are requesting may be interesting. 

"Was told many times by Virgin staff that it was a No to reverting to TiVo"

Don't believe everything your told, we have been reverted back to Tivo but my word it was hard work and we consider ourselves very fortunate.