cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to 360

mikeberg
On our wavelength

I currently have two V6 boxes both containing recordings. Should I go for an upgrade to 360 or ask for a new box? Do I get a choice? Is there any benefit either way?

If I upgrade, I assume one V6 would be swapped for a mini? The main downside appears to be halving my recording space? Anything else major?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
no upgrading to the 360 loses all recordings as the drive has to be formatted to install the 360 software

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a benefit in migrating a two V6 configuration - you keep both boxes and have two hard drives, no mini box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

47 REPLIES 47

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you being offered a change to V360? I don't believe any customer is currently being forced to change, it's entirely voluntary at the moment.

You will lose all the recordings on your V6 when you swap.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

mikeberg
On our wavelength

No, it's purely me thinking about switching. I like the screen layouts.

I am aware about losing the recordings......same as when I changed to the V6s

mikeberg
On our wavelength

But if my existing V6 gets upgraded to 360, do I get to keep my recordings? I understand I will need to drop one to accommodate the mini.

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
no upgrading to the 360 loses all recordings as the drive has to be formatted to install the 360 software

So no benefit in keeping the V6, apart from keeping VM’s costs down?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a benefit in migrating a two V6 configuration - you keep both boxes and have two hard drives, no mini box.

mikeberg
On our wavelength

So double recording space?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Keeping the 2TB that you have today.

Please be aware that there is no guarantee that Virgin Media will continue with the current trial, invitation only migration upgrade process. They could easily decide to only go down the box replacement route with only single hard disk + mini box(es) configurations.

mikeberg
On our wavelength

Well, I spoke to customer services which was a painful experience in itself!

Turns out they will upgrade me for £24.95 per box. I asked about having an additional mini in our 2nd bedroom and was told it was another £10pm on my bill and £79.95 charge. The guy didn't sound too convincing, so can anyone confirm this is correct?

It might be free if they invite you and a charge if you request it.

Mike