cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching box on

Kevfletcher
Joining in

High still struggling with 360 not remembering my log in to Netflix but my next question is I have a tivo box but I'm using 360 operating system when I press the white TV button on the 360 remote the TV comes on but not the tivo box I have to press the red power button several times before the tivo boots up am I missing some thing as I said it takes several attempts with the power button before the tivo box comes to life 

Beginning to wish I'd stopped with simple tivo box and not 360

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The white power button only controls the switching on and off of your TV.

If you go to Settings > Audio & Video > One Power and turn it on, then if they are connected by an HDMI cable you can press the Red power button and turn on the connected devices at the same time.

The One power works best if you have gone into Settings > System > Standby Power Consumption and set it either fast Start or Active Start.  You probably have this setting to Eco which means it takes a fairly long time to start the 360 box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

thrice
Superfast

There are people on this forum that are knowledgeable about such things but I believe there is a setting to turn both the 360 box and the TV on with one button push - the top left button on the 360 remote if I remember correctly.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The white power button only controls the switching on and off of your TV.

If you go to Settings > Audio & Video > One Power and turn it on, then if they are connected by an HDMI cable you can press the Red power button and turn on the connected devices at the same time.

The One power works best if you have gone into Settings > System > Standby Power Consumption and set it either fast Start or Active Start.  You probably have this setting to Eco which means it takes a fairly long time to start the 360 box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kevfletcher

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm glad to see the community was able to advise you on this. 

If you have any further queries, please pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide