cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching From Sky to Virgin Media

Anonymous
Not applicable

Am i doing the right thing switching from Sky to Virgin Media as iv'e been seeing bad reports ?

72 REPLIES 72

Anonymous
Not applicable

just been informed that they will contact me regarding the connection prior to installation but that was after i contacted them 

Hi Donald1946, 

Thanks for your post and it's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Usually before we install you, there will be a pre install visit. This is to ensure the cables are there ready to get the services working on your installation date. 

If you're available on this visit, you can chat through your concerns with the routing of the cable with the engineer there and then. The only issue is the pre-install visits are usually done off the cuff so there is no scheduled time and date as such. 

Please let us know how the visit goes and most importantly the installation. If you need any further advice, then pop back here. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that my main concern is how and where will they run cable to my house as my drive is all tarmac BT have their line running underground to point of entry under my window no cables showing anywhere.

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous 

Is the Install all booked in already?

If so have you spoken with customer services to see if they can arrange a Site Survey where a Technician will attend and check with you how things will be run?

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Christy spoke to them yesterday i have a install date 4th August i asked them if they do a survey of my property before install and they said yes but coildn't give me a time or date when that will be so pot luck if i'm at home to give the go ahead.

Hi Donald1946

The Pre install is laying the external cabling up to your property from the access point on the pavement. On the day you can ask and discuss with the engineer the best possible route 

Gareth_L

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks but do they check first if i can have it installed we have only just had VM installed in my area they were just down the road with cables so where will they run cables in street surely not just layed on pavement?

Hi Donald1946

Just to be sure as that sounded a bit confusing 

Do you not have an access point for each property in your street 

We would not be able to book an installation on a non cabled property 

Gareth_:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi this what i'm asking in the street there are 2 plates marked Bridgehouse Ductile. BT run their cable underground right upto my house.