cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Susan Calman Grand Days Out

befrazzled
On our wavelength

Watching recording after start time and when fast forwarding through ads it re-sets to beginning of the programme. Every time we hit play it goes back to the start!

Hope this is a one off and not affecting other recordings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi befrazzled

This is a mystery as to what has happened

When you start the recording, can you try holding the microphone button and say Fast Forward 4 minutes or however long is needed 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

Are you watching a recording or Startover, some channels like Film4 don't let you fast forward when watching on Startover, you normally just get a message saying " This channel doesn't allow that ", I don't really watch channel 5 to be able to speak from experience.

befrazzled
On our wavelength

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by a start over? It was just a regular recording. Do you mean while it was still recording it? But surely the point of this type of service is that you can pause and rewind even live tv let alone recordings. I'm certain we've ad skipped before.

Startover is when you go to the TVguide and the programme has the arrow point in an anti clockwise pointing circle, if you select a programme with a white version not grey you get the option to watch from the start or live.

If you have gone to your Saved recordings and started watching from there then you shouldn't have any problems.

Even if you are watching from Startover and you can't fast forward it shouldn't go back to the start.

befrazzled
On our wavelength

Thanks, if nothing else I've learned about Startover. It is a series recorded episode that we were watching from that section. I think it will have to remain a mystery what caused it but thanks for all replies.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi befrazzled

This is a mystery as to what has happened

When you start the recording, can you try holding the microphone button and say Fast Forward 4 minutes or however long is needed 

Gareth_L

To be honest we did muddle through and finish watching to the end but again we are learning about a new feature of the voice control, so thank you.

Thanks for the update befrazzled.

Sorry you had to muddle through, I'm sure once you get the hang of things you'll be a whizz.

If you need any further assistance, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi.