cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subtitles

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am loving the new 360 box so far, so much more potential than V6, anyway, is there anyway to set subtitles to come on for all channels automatically? I am having to turn the subtitles on for each channel I watch, not sure if this is the norm, or something that may be on the fix list, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use speech recognition to turn them on and off or use the three-dot button for individual programmes. 

Set them to ‘on’ in the main menu under Profiles to keep them on permanently for all channels. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use speech recognition to turn them on and off or use the three-dot button for individual programmes. 

Set them to ‘on’ in the main menu under Profiles to keep them on permanently for all channels. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Paulcymru exactly what I was after, never knew you could do it through voice, so many more things still to explore on the new box.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You’re welcome. I’m learning, too! The system is very much focussed around speech. 

Have a look around the forum as there are a lot of threads with useful tips from people. Here’s a good one:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/TV-360-Usability-Tips-and-Tricks/m-p/4508969

Anonymous
Not applicable

You’re welcome. I’m learning, too! The system is very much focussed around speech. 

Have a look around the forum as there are a lot of threads with useful tips from people. Here’s a good one:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/TV-360-Usability-Tips-and-Tricks/m-p/4508969

On the subject of subtitles, I have noticed that they are available when watching live (scheduled) movies on the Sky channels and when watching recordings but unavailable when watching a Sky movie on demand. Odd that.

@thrice wrote:

On the subject of subtitles, I have noticed that they are available when watching live (scheduled) movies on the Sky channels and when watching recordings but unavailable when watching a Sky movie on demand. Odd that.

Yes, this has annoyed me greatly, but this is the case with Sky On Demand content on the TiVo software as well as the 360 software. I am assuming this is just a technical issue in the way that the on demand content from Sky is delivered.

Maxit TV
2 X TV 360 Box
M500 Fibre Broadband