cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on starting up and have a down facing arrow symbol.

BenBroad
Tuning in

Hi,

Since I upgraded my broadband from hub 3 to hub 4 my 2nd TV 360 box no longer starts up, it would just cycle through the welcome messages while also displaying a a filling arrow symbol pointing downwards towards a tv box. I think it was the change in wifi details that did it as I usually keep the 2nd TV box turned off.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On the face of it, any VM TV box that won't boot-up or is stuck in the boot cycle, has a fault and you're best to report that.

From the sounds of it, your 360 might be trying to install new software and the lack of an internet connection may not be helping.

But a clean boot should include the option to choose your connection (if it's not Ethernet), so refer to paragraph 1.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BenBroad,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your Tv box. 

Have you been able to try the suggestion by japitts? If so, has this resolved the issue?

^Martin

I've tried but it hasn't helped.

Have you tried connecting with a ethernet cable, you could temporarily replace your main box with the 2nd box to see if it starts up.

All sorted now, I didn't really want to move it to near the hub so shared my wifi internet connection through my laptop using an ethernet cable.  And it just needed to update.  Thanks for the help.

That's great to hear thank you @BenBroad 

Please don't hesitate to reach out via the forums if you need our help in the future. 

Thanks again.