cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Behaviour Box - Deleted Recordings and No Apps Working

smoothcriminal
On our wavelength

Problems begun a week or so ago when all of the previous recordings seemingly deleted themselves. The disk was nearly full, so a fair amount of recordings disappeared. 

I saw someone on here recommend doing a partial reset keeping existing recordings with the hope they would re-appear. They did not. Since this time, the apps have not worked at all. In fact, trying to open up any app on Virgin Media crashes the box and makes the screen go black. The only way to recover is to turn the box off at the mains and back on again.

Based on this and coupled with the previous issues of all recordings deleting themselves - I think our box may be going/is faulty.

I'd guess the only outcome for this is to book an engineer slot?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @smoothcriminal 

Thank you for the update.

I am happy to hear this is now resolved for you 🙂

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

smoothcriminal
On our wavelength
I can confirm that NONE of the apps work and produce the same result. Black screen and they crash the box. I have committed to all routine troubleshooting steps - same issue remains.

Please could a mod pick this up ? Thanks 🙂

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@smoothcriminal wrote:
Please could a mod pick this up ? Thanks 🙂

Doesn't need a moderator, but one of the forum staff should be along. Just so you're aware, the staff team work through posts in date order - so attempts to bump a post often have the opposite effect.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your tip, but I wasn't attempting to bump - I was adding further information.

Thanks

Hi smoothcriminal, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about the issue with your 360 box here. We're sorry to hear it's deleted some recordings and is also having issues with opening apps. 

Taking a look at things this end, all looks fine with the box stats however I have referred this over to another team who will try to remotely fix this within 5 days. 

If they have further issues or need more information, they will contact you directly. 

Apologies once again and let us know how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Can it not be dealt with quicker or an engineer slot booked? I've already waited 4 days. The box is evidently faulty. Look forward to your response. Thank you 🙂 

Just wanted to make you aware - I finally managed to get through to VM support online and they're having an engineer come over tomorrow.

Thank you for your help 🙂

Hi @smoothcriminal 

Thank you for the update.

I am happy to hear this is now resolved for you 🙂

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide