cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage is Full after update

AJK6
Joining in

My 360 box updated overnight and now the box says storage is full. I have deleted a number of recordings but still the box says storage is full and recordings are failing. I have tried rebooting the box but the box still says storage is full

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Community elder

If you try and pause some live TV or just try rewinding some live TV does it work, this is just like doing a recording and will test the hard drive.

Was the update to 4.45, mine updated last night with no problems.

I paused a programme for at least 30 minutes this afternoon, but the recording of that same programme had failed due to being out of storage. A second recording also failed for the same reason. Bizarrely the next recording is currently working but the recordings page still reads storage is full. I have deleted about 10 hours worth of HD recordings since the storage is full message first appeared.

My box was probably about 98% full before the update took place.

roy247
Community elder

Probably not best to run the box so full.

If it's currently recording I would wait and see if it settles down, you can then try rebooting the box again, you might need to factory reset the box.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, but you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s really not possible to run the box 98% full.

I suggest you use one of the fast clean-up options, say the delete all older than six months.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello AJK6.

Thanks for your first a post and welcome our forums.

Just quick message to see if you have been able to fix the 98% full message yet?

Gareth_L

Hi I am having the same problem now my virgin media box is saying that storage is full but I have deleted many items and it’s still not showing to be freeing up space 

any advice please?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi alba1978,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

We are very sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with the storage on your 360 box. 

Does clearing recordings free up any space at all?

Thanks, 

Nat

Joining in

I am having. The same issue. I've tried to factory reset doing both options keep recordings and format hard drive. It worked for about 2 weeks. I've deleted all my shows and it's still showing as full... any ideas on how to resolve this ??