cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start up - no signal

dramont
Joining in

Had new phone, tv and broadband installed last week.  TV worked fine for 3 days, but now can't get TV without "No signal" error message.  Have to re-boot the system to get a picture and it resumes to "no signal" every time I switch TV off.  A very quick "ethernet" fault message pops up on reboot, but goes off before I can read it!

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @dramont 

Make sure the source eg HDM! 1,2, 3 or 4 are correct. You can check the source by using the Tv input button at the bottom of the 360 remote (just above the blue button)

Is anything listed under Check Service Status at the top of the page?

You can also run a check on your equipment from there.

Double check all the connections especially the white coaxial cable and make sure it's connected to your 360.

Was your 360 connected by ethernet or WiFi?  If it was ethernet check the cable is connected to both the router and 360, also try a different ethernet cable.

If you were connected by ethernet unplug the ethernet cable from the 360 and see if you can connect using WiFi.

If you were connected via WiFi then attach an ethernet cable and try and connect that way.

Have you changed the WiFi network name and/or WiFi password on your hub?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Without a VM-error code associated with it, "no signal" is usually your TV reporting no video input on the relevant HDMI port.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dramont, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear you're having issues getting a picture on your TV.

As @newapollo and @japitts have said, can you check if your TV is on the right source please?

Commonly, your input needs to be on HDMI 1, 2 or 3 (of 4 if you have this amount of HDMI ports). If you're unsure which source/input to choose, the best way of being sure of this is to check your TV where your HDMI lead goes into. Generally, the port that it is plugged into has "HDMI 1" etc written on it.

Please let us know if you need any further help!

Many thanks

Tom_W