cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sport UHD / 4K

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I cannot seem to get a straight answer from anyone. I phoned up VM where some advisors say Sports is in UHD & 4K. Some advisors say it’s not. 

I pay have everything from VM and just want to know if I can watch Sky Sports in 4K. 

18 REPLIES 18

And BT Sport Ultimate is 4K.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Lol point of question missed. Its not what sport is on 4k as i know there are some its when will they start showing sky sports in UHD same as SKY do already. Mainly for premier league 

I find live sport in UHD to be overrated but if you're that desperate then you can always switch to Sky.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I can find it really good - especially the F1 coverage.  The Premier League coverage on Sky is a bit hit and miss for picture quality.

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

I find live sport in UHD to be overrated but if you're that desperate then you can always switch to Sky.

I defer to your greater knowledge. You've got Sky, VM and BT TV as well? If so, it's clean sweep.

Part of the problem I have is streaming which compares poorly with linear TV. For example, I cannot pause BBC iPlayer's UHD HLG streams using my Fire TV Stick 4K Max.

--

I think that is down to the BBC as it does it on my tv too.

No issues with Sky or BT's channels for 4K on any platform and BTtv stream all their (non-Freeview) channels.

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

I defer to your greater knowledge. You've got Sky, VM and BT TV as well? If so, it's clean sweep.

Part of the problem I have is streaming which compares poorly with linear TV. For example, I cannot pause BBC iPlayer's UHD HLG streams using my Fire TV Stick 4K Max.

Virgin told me that those in quality control were not happy with the quality of Sky Sports UHD.  They had no problem with Sky Cinema and Sky drama which, quality wise, seemed to have passed whatever test they do. Personally I find BT Sport Ultimate brilliant, BBC UHD Sport with Wimbledon this week, disappointing and Eurosport UHD (when it is on, eg Olympics and French Open tennis) diabolical.  I prefer the HD stream for all except BT.

I think you were told BS to get rid of you. If the quality of Sky Sports UHD isn't good enough there would have been loads of complaints.

--

I can confirm that SS UHD HDR is fantastic, alongside the sound in Atmos. I am looking to coming back to Virgin, but losing this is my worry.  I don’t believe for one minute Virgin have turned down the opportunity to have it.