cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sport UHD / 4K

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I cannot seem to get a straight answer from anyone. I phoned up VM where some advisors say Sports is in UHD & 4K. Some advisors say it’s not. 

I pay have everything from VM and just want to know if I can watch Sky Sports in 4K. 

18 REPLIES 18

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Anonymous 

VM don't yet have Sky Sports in UHD

The only UHD channels are BT Sport Ultimate (531) and Virgin TV Ultra UHD 0n channels 228 and 999.

There is also the Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD which has boxsets and sky movies in UHD

There is also selected content on iPlayer, and Amazon prime and netflix if you subscribe to those apps.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. 

Thats a shame. Hopefully sports comes soon! 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To be honest, the sooner the better, but I'm not sure why there's been such a delay.

There was no definitive date, but VM were supposed to get the UHD Sky Sports  some time in 2020.

press-release 

As part of the extended deal, Sky’s stellar line up of entertainment, cinema and sports channels will continue to be available on Virgin Media’s TV platform, with Virgin customers set to enjoy new Ultra HD linear and additional video-on-demand content from Sky next year. 

The new content is set to include Sky Cinema Original films and live sports in UHD, along with unmissable Sky original drama on demand, including shows like Jamestown and the forthcoming comedy Brassic, starring Michelle Keegan. 

Vm did get the boxsets and Sky Cinema in UHD

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah hopefully it should come soon. I am keen to see this out early next year if we are lucky! 

Andyk2022
Joining in

Hi

simple question when will sky sports be available in 4k on Virgin media as the HD signal looks terrible on a 4k tv?

simple answer, who knows?

Simple answer virgin should know considering they announced this in 2019 and they were recently bundling 4k tv’s as a join up to virgin incentive.

Nothing's simple with Virgin !

For the past five years Eurosport has broadcast the French Open from the Philippe-Chatrier court in 4K HDR. Currently from Wimbledon's Centre Court matches are streamed in 4K HDR by BBC iPlayer. I'm also expecting World Cup 2022 matches to be streamed in 4K HDR by BBC iPlayer.

In all these cases of live matches HDR means HLG.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection