cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitter cable too short

Amber1357
Tuning in

Hi everyone,

Recently upgraded to the 360TV service and received the self-install boxset without issue. Unfortunately, the cable supplied is too short to make it to the TV box from the router so we're a bit stuck. Are there any recommended suppliers of longer splitter cables you can recommend?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Amber1357 ,

Welcome to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with your TV360 self-installation. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to help. I have sent you a private message to look into this for you. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Community elder

Hi Amber 1357,

Virgin use special coax cable so you can't buy one, all you need to do is call Virgin and ask for a manned installation which should be covered as part of the upgrade and installation of the 360, if not there is a £25 fee.

You can either call or wait for one the forum team to respond which might be 2 to 3 days.

CATV companies use RG6 cable with F connectors for the internal wiring.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well-intentioned DIY jobs in the past, have caused issues for both the customer in question and also neighbours on the same streetcab.

For £25 VM will supply all the parts & labour required, and avoids the risk.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Please can one of the team members take a look at this still not able to use my tv box

Hi @Amber1357 ,

Welcome to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with your TV360 self-installation. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to help. I have sent you a private message to look into this for you. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

No problem at all @Amber1357, glad to have been able to help. Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Well Technician has been and got everything working within half an hour he was very clean and put everthing back the way it was before 10/10 service.

Thanks to everyone who helped with my problem 😁

Hi Amber1357, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating the thread with how the visit went. We're pleased to hear they managed to get things sorted for you. 

If you have any further issues, don't hesitate to pop back to us in the Community. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team