cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundbar notifications issue

Cbishop5
Joining in

Hi, 

Quite minor issue but bit annoying. Recentky joined virgin media and have the 360 box. Everything has worked great fir last few weeks but suddenly over last few days i keep getting notifications in corner of screen stating i can now use my remote to control volume/power of my samsung TV, followed by a 2nd notification telling me i can now use remote to control my sony TV.

My setup i have a samsung TV with a Sony soundbar connected to it via the arc hdmi port. Nothing has changed, no cables have been moved, notifications just started. I have repeatedly gone through the process of syncing remote to other devices but doesn't make a difference.

The remote does work, its just the constant pop ups which i'm trying to get rid of.

Any advice much appreciated, many thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Cbishop5

With the notifications, do you know if this is coming from the TV itself or your 360 box?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

I believe the notifications are coming from the 360 box but i'm not certain.

As a work around i've unplugged the hdmi to the TV and just now use the optical cable direct to the 360 box. That has stopped the notifications and i've not yet noticed any issues with audio lag etc

Thanks for confirming @Cbishop5

Can I ask if you have contacted Sony at all to enquire if this is a common issue across their sound bar users? Do you get any notifications still if you disconnect the sound bar? 

Thank you. 

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi this this will definitely come from your TV. Regards Micky

Hi Micky,

How did you come to that conclusion? It sounds to me exactly like the TV 360 pairing issue that’s being reported elsewhere on the forum.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/TV-360-found-new-device-to-pair-with-your-remote-...

Hi sorry you are right I tried to delete my thread but it's on to long to do so.

@jimbo_l wrote:

Hi Micky,

How did you come to that conclusion? It sounds to me exactly like the TV 360 pairing issue that’s being reported elsewhere on the forum.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/TV-360-found-new-device-to-pair-with-your-remote-...

Sorry you are right I tried to delete my thread but it's been on to long to do so.

LewisEdgar
On our wavelength

I’m getting the exact same issue! Really annoying!!

I recently connected Sony Soundbar to my LG TV and keep getting these messages:

‘You can now use your Virgin TV remote to control this Virgin TV box, and change the volume and power off your LG TV.’

or

’You can now use your Virgin TV remote to control this Virgin TV box, and change the volume and power off your Sony TV.’

They appear every 5 minutes or so, extremely annoying! 

Virgin - how has this software bug not been fixed yet, there are multiple forums reporting similar issues!!