cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundbar drops out every few minutes

Timrees88
Tuning in

Hi all,

Slightly strange one, but recently bought a new TV and soundbar combo. When playing live or recorded TV with sound output through the soundbar (not an issue when soundbar is not connected) the sound drops out every 5-10 minutes for a split second. Soundbar is connected to the TVI via ARC, set top box also connected via HDMI.

I have spent hours on the phone to technicians from Panasonic (soundbar and TV) who cannot come up with a solution, and suspect the set-top box is the issue, as there is no problem when using other sources (i.e. apps on the TV) - i.e. sound plays consistently through the soundbar.

I have tried every combo of setting through the TV and set-top box (turning dolby on and off, changing or fixing TV quality output from Virgin etc) with no success. I have also changed out all the HDMI cables, with similarly no sucess.

I notice a lot of other people have had similar, if not exactly the same issue (often sound sync issues) with updates to 360 boxes, and have suggested optical to the box as a workaround, and an optical cable should arrive today, but wanted to see if anyone had faced similar issue, or to add my voice to those wanting virgin to come up with a solution to the obvious sound output issues from the 360 box..... 

10 REPLIES 10

The box does need activating as stated above. This can be done at the main boxes location as I would assume this has a coax feed

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Vip Volt Gig1 with Sky Cinema and Sports UHD
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile