cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound out of sync issues on new 360 box

AlastairPursey
Tuning in

I have seen a few threads where other people have the same problem but not seen any solutions.

Is it likely that our 360 box is fault?  It certainly seems this way or are they just not up to scratch with sound?

The old Virgin box was fine, chromecast is fine, firestick is also fine and if I send a picture from my laptop this too is fine.  The 360 box has major sound sync issues and it is really annoying!! Even does it on the blumin Apps too.

the 360 is connected using HDMI cable into any of the 3 HDMI ports on the TV and have Orbitsound soundbar connected to the TV using optical cable, fairly standard setup.  If you unplug the power to the 360 and start it up again, the sound is fine for a bit then it slowly loses sync and seems to get worse within an hour.  It was in HDMI Arc port but isn't now as per other suggestions.

11 REPLIES 11

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It might be a compatibility issue with your sound bar, try and see if it does it when using tv speakers

Might be worth checking if the tv and soundbar have the latest firmware installed too.

Hub 5 Modem Mode, Asus XT8
My Broadband Ping - Gig1 Modem Mode

roy247
Community elder

@AlastairPursey wrote:

the 360 is connected using HDMI cable into any of the 3 HDMI ports on the TV and have Orbitsound soundbar connected to the TV using optical cable, fairly standard setup.  If you unplug the power to the 360 and start it up again, the sound is fine for a bit then it slowly loses sync and seems to get worse within an hour.  It was in HDMI Arc port but isn't now as per other suggestions.

Have you tried connecting the 360 to the soundbar using the optical cable and setting dolby to follow content.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AlastairPursey,

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to see you're having issues.

Have you attempted what was stated above with regards to connecting the 360 to the soundbar using the optical cable and setting dolby to follow content?

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kain

devonman
On our wavelength
It’s happening to lots of customers, I regularly get this problem via my TV speakers.

Yep still a problem. Have switched to none arc port which is a little bit better but was really bad the other night in Netflix. There is another suggestion to get audio direct from the Virgin media box but this isn't an option for us as the audio is needed for other hdmi devices.

It appears to be an issue with this new box but Virgin don't seem to be resolving. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @AlastairPursey

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I have managed to locate your account using your forum details & I have run some diagnostics, we are aware of the issues that you are reported as soon as we have an update to the issue the there will be a software update, in the meantime please could manually adjust the Audio settings via Settings>Audio & Video> Audio delay.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

So I have just requested an update to 360 with my V6 box. Will this become an issue for me as well. All is ok at the moment, with a sonos arc, but my problem is no arc from the virgin apps and it was suggested the 360 upgrade would sort this out, but if it is going to mess with the sun, then it is a backward step and I can just carry on using the apps direct on my TV rather than bothering with the virgin Netflix and Amazon apps

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi casbar,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

As stated by Zak above we are aware some of our 360 boxes are facing this issue and once we find a solution will perform software updates to the box.

If you do upgrade and find yourself having the same issue then please try the steps above "Audio settings via Settings>Audio & Video> Audio delay."

Thanks,

Kain