cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound not in sync with picture

RobertMaltby77
Joining in

Virgin tech teams, please read.......

Upgraded from TivoV6 to 360 and now sound out of sync with picture.

Seems to be a common fault that the sound does not sync with the picture and lots of people commenting on this forum to say Virgin do not want to admit that there is a fault.

Tried the audio delay function, but this only allows you to sync forward which places the audio even further out of sync. If you could only sync backward by 10ms, it would sort out the problem. Perhaps this is the solution Virgin? The problem is not a 'lag' which is the purpose of this function, the audio to far ahead.

Connecting via HDMI to new Hisense TV, not even using sound bar and additional audio cables. And before you say it, yes I have done a factory reset!

Virgin tech teams, this seem to be a very common problem that has been going on for a while. Please take action.

9 REPLIES 9

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RobertMaltby77

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding your TV360 upgrade, I'm sorry to hear you have been experiencing sound issues. Just to clarify - is the sound ahead of the picture? So the picture is lagging behind the sound?

Best wishes,

Serena

That’s correct. The audio sync needs the additional ability to tap back 10ms added , whereas, the current function only allows you to tap forward. 

HI RobertMaltby77,

Thank you for the update, are you using an external speaker or sound bar for the Sound?

Regards

Paul.

Just the TV. No sound bar or external speaker. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I know it sounds daft but is your TV 4K capable? Are you able to change the resolution from automatic to 1080p - let me know how you get on. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi RobertMaltby77,

Is the problem you have only with live TV or do you get the same problem with ondemand and catchup, even YouTube, just trying to get more info for the forum team.

Live TV, tend to use the news for a good example of lip sync. 

Thanks for the suggested. Swapped from automatic to 1080p. Still experiencing same issue. 

Are all channels impacted @RobertMaltby77?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs