cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound issues on my 360 boxes

Kane57
Joining in

I have been experiencing sound issues on both my Virgin boxes main box is a 360 also we have a mini box in another room.

Iam having issues where the sound goes out of sink all the time, I have tried the delay which works for a few minutes, then again goes out of sink, I also lose all sound, which returns after a few seconds or when I switch Chanel and then back, I also have a issue where the sound goes all distorted (sound like a robot) then corrects itself. 
I have tried the switch Dolby fiction from always, I have unplugged and reset router and TV boxes ! 
I have a Sony sound bar, but have the same issue when the sound bar is switch off ! 
this is also happing with the mini box in another room. 

is this a issues with the signal coming into the house ? 

kind regards 

kane 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It would be useful to eliminate all factors outside your 360 first. From reading through your post, I'm spotting...

You have a sound-bar, have you connected your 360 directly to your TV and compared?

Is this happening with live TV (doesn't use the internet), OnDemand/streaming, recorded programmes? If live TV, any particular channel(s)?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi it’s definitely not related to the sound bar, I have experienced the same issue with the sound bar turned off ! 
the issue is present on live Tv and on demand, I haven’t tried on recited programs yet, I will check tonight when home from work ! 
I have not seen the issue on Netflix using the TV app, I haven’t tried the Netflix app on the 360 box. 
I don’t have a issue when the tv and sound bar are on and watching a channel using a tv aerial ? 

many thanks 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kane57 wrote:

Hi it’s definitely not related to the sound bar, I have experienced the same issue with the sound bar turned off ! 

So if you connect the 360 to your TV with the sound bar not involved, there's no change?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi 

yes that’s correct if the sound bar is powered off I still have the same issue, don’t have a issue when using the TV and apps on Tv, also experiencing the same sound issues on the mini box, that’s what’s making me think it’s a issue with the incoming signal

thanks 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't see a signal issue causing these symptoms, that much I'm sure of. When your sound-bar is switched off, how are you getting the sound from your 360? I'd still like to see the the results of the 360 connected directly, also what's the model number of the sound bar? I can't do much with it beyond using Google and/or finding a manual, but others may well have direct experience.

Forgetting your TV apps for a second, does the source that your 360 is playing from make any difference? So, live TV/OnDemand/streaming/recorded programmes - are all affected, or only some?

Hi my current set up is the 360 box is connected to the Tv with the HDMI , the sound bar is connected to the TV not the 360 box, so when I switch the sound bar off, the sound is from the TV. 
I’m not home at the moment to try a few suggestions out, just strange it appears to happen on the 360 box and also the mini box, that’s why i was thinking signal issue. 

kane 

Hi Kane57

Please let us know how you get on once you are home 

Gareth_L