cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound cutting out for a second repeatedly

Byfoja03
On our wavelength

I have an issue when watching virgin tv where the sound cuts out for a second, maybe slightly less, but it happens repeatedly at no apparent regular frequency, but enough that it's annoying - any suggestions to resolve this?

Thanks

90 REPLIES 90

only sky news & channel 4.

Thanks for confirming that @jimboy56

@miles5759 can I just check if you're also experiencing issues with these channels? 

The more info we have will allow us to feedback to the backend teams if required.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

My issue is on hdmi 1 which has virgin 360 box on it, so all the channels.

Hi miles5759,

Thanks for letting us know. You mentioned the issue is on HDMi 1, can you just clarify whether you mean the issue is with your TV box or through this HDMi port? What happens when you try the TV box in a different HDMi port?

Thanks

Beth

miles5759
On our wavelength

Hi Beth

I answer that question much further up in the message threads, last year.

But the issue is not channel related for me. I have a Virgin 360 box, and the issue happens no matter what channel I watch on Virgin.

It also happens if I watch a DVD via a different HDMI port.

The problem went away when I upgraded my TVs firmware. But it came back mid Feb.

Miles

Thanks for coming back to us @miles5759, have you contacted your TV manufacturer to look into this issue, if its affecting your DVD player as well?

Regards,

Steven_L

PG66
On our wavelength

Recently changed (upgraded?) to TV 360 and finding issues with the sound although so far this has been garbled sound rather than a cutting out. I have tried various steps as recommended in these messages and have not solved the problem. I have discovered today that if I rewind the programme a few seconds and then play again the sound is no longer garbled and maintains this when returning to actual time.

I would also add that this only appears to be a problem on the box connected to the TV with a Sonos soundbar. Although not watched as much the second TV which only uses the TV speakers has not shown any sign of having this issue.

Do the issue happen if the Sonos soundbar isn't connected at all PG66? Just trying to narrow down the possible causes.

Rob

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @PG66 

Have you tried setting the video on the 360 box to 1080i or 1080p?

Also have you tried altering the following?

Settings > Audio & Video > Audio output 

Follow Content
PCM 5.1 (HDMI only)
PCM 2.0
Choose whether you want the audio output to follow the quality of the original content (Dolby Digital where available) or to be converted to PCM 2.0 (stereo) or PCM 5.1 (uncompressed multi channel sound). Using PCM settings may resolve audio sync issues. Netflix will always follow content.

I hope this particular highlighted post will be helpful Sonos-Beam-Sound-dropping-out-with-Virgin-360  

I don't know if you are using the VM wifi pods, but if you are then please read the following as it may help with wifi connections

Sonos speakers

Try to keep your Sonos speakers at least three feet away from the mesh WiFi Pod and other devices. Also check for updates to make sure your speakers have the latest firmware installed.

Only connect one Sonos device – Sonos speaker, Sonos Connect or Sonos Boost – using the Ethernet on the mesh WiFi Pod. Your Sonos system should then create its own network that works across your WiFi.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

PG66
On our wavelength

I am currently trying using only amplifier on the soundbar with the TV amplifier turned down to zero. So far this has worked for a couple of hours so want to try for longer before claiming the issue is resolved.