cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound cutting out for a second repeatedly

Byfoja03
On our wavelength

I have an issue when watching virgin tv where the sound cuts out for a second, maybe slightly less, but it happens repeatedly at no apparent regular frequency, but enough that it's annoying - any suggestions to resolve this?

Thanks

90 REPLIES 90

Hi goodykpg, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and apologies the work around hasn't worked for you. 

As you have mentioned above you don't get the issue when you remove the sound bar, there isn't really much else we can help with as it will be related to third party equipment. 

The team are continuing to monitor this though but for now, as it's not something they can replicate, it's not something they can fix. 

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

goodykpg
On our wavelength

Hi Kath ,thanks for reply . Most annoying fact is that V6 and previous TiVo boxes worked flawlessly with soundbar obviously something with 360 software causing fault . As said work around with optical cable . 360 has some benefits but would have V6 box back tomorrow until all 360 glitches ironed out.

We will certainly keep passing on your feedback regarding the glitches or issues you guys are picking up so please keep reporting them. 

We will of course raise these with the team as they come though to us 🙂 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Byfoja03
On our wavelength

Hello team,

Since disabling dolby audio under the VM box settings, I can confirm I have not encountered the sound cutting out.

I'm not very tech minding but I assume VM should be designed to work with dolby enabled? Perhaps this will help the team to replicate the issue. In any case I will proceed with it disabled for now.

Thanks

I can confirm that the cutting out does not happen when Dolby is disabled, but the sound is terrible.
Can this please be raised as a fault and possibly fixed at the same time as the sound sync issue with the Dolby support. The workaround is not great in the long term and needs fixing in a future update.
Thanks

joehayhurst
Tuning in

Hi. I have had this issue since day one, I disabled Dolby and it makes no difference. It's incredibly annoying - I'm watching a football match at the moment and it's cutting out approx every 20 to 30 seconds - completely unacceptable. Happens on HDMI to the TV or optical to my surround sound system. Everything is affected - live TV, recordings, iPlayer, Netflix, YouTube, the whole lot. It is clearly a fault with the box and as many users have reported this it needs sorting - just saying 'we can't replicate it and please monitor is not good enough'. I work in a senior position in a support team for a software company and this is not the way to handle what is obviously either a bug or hardware fault for people who are paying a thousand pounds a year for a service.

I will log a support case and hopefully someone senior can take this seriously.

My box details are below, and here you will find a video (link is to OneDrive) where you can hear it happening twice in less than 25 seconds: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnpNCXerIeQkiJF30zrMfF5-1tN3RA?e=1F3oSK 

IMG_20210502_204447.jpgIMG_20210502_204508.jpgIMG_20210502_204518.jpg

Take the audio feed from the 3.5mm socket at the back of the 360 box using a 3.5mm to RCA lead as shown in the image below -  No sound dropout or sync issues and it will carry a Dolby audio signal.

Screenshot_2021-05-03 3 5mm to hdmi lead - Google Search.png

Hi @DigitalDonkey,

Thank you for trying the work around and confirming it has worked in terms of the sound no longer cutting.

We do appreciate your feedback- the team are currently monitoring this.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Byfoja03
On our wavelength

Hi team,

I haven't changed anything (dolby still disabled) and the issue has started happening again - is there any update on this please?

Ta

Hi Byfoja03, 

Thanks for coming back to us, I am sorry this intermittent audio issue has occurred for you again 😞 

I'll be more than happy to troubleshoot with you in order to get things back to smooth listening. 

Could you please turn the Dolby setting on and then off, then give your box a quick reboot please? 

Also, please check all the cables at the back of the box and the TV are nice and tight. 

Once you've done this, please leave the affected box on so I can have a look at things on my side.

Let me know once you've done all of this. 

Thanks,

Megan_L