cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Sync Issue

paulf018
Joining in

I have just upgraded to 360 and now I am having problems with the sound going out of sync after about 20 mins. I have the exact same setup as before the upgrade, every other connected device is fine.

Called support and they just blamed my sound bar and suggested I don't use it 😡. It's ridiculous, can't wait until my contract is up so I can get rid.

I am hoping that someone might have a suggestion, I have tried everything I can think of.

20 REPLIES 20

Hi @paulf018,

I can see our team have arranged a technician to come out and look into this. 

Let us know how the visit goes so we can offer further support if required. 

Thank you

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The engineer has been, very helpful. Unfortunately, it has not solved the issue.

The box and HDMI cable has been replaced. The settings on the box have been changed to force 1080i as this was mentioned has a possible solution.

Not sure where to go now, guess my TV or sound bar are not compatible with the 360 box. Can’t afford to replace them and stuck in the contract for another 6 months.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey paulf018, thank you for all your posts and updates on our help forum and this thread.

We're sorry to see the engineer visit did not help resolving your sound sync issues on the 360 box, could you please check and let us know if this issue persists when the sound bar is not connected and does it only appear when on catch-up / on demand services or on the live channels too?

Please, also check if you have the correct settings for this purpose too?
Steps on main menu: Settings > Audio & Video > Dolby Audio > Follow content

Adri
Forum Team

It happens on the TV also, takes a lot longer but eventually it will go out of sync. It's much worse on catch-up and apps.

Yes I and the engineer tried all the sound settings on the TV, Soundbar and 360 box. Nothing we do makes a difference.

Hi paulf018,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry to hear this still hasn't been resolved, as this only happens when the you use your sound bar, have you tried the manufacturers forums to see if anyone else has the same issue?

Regards

Paul.

It does also happen on the TV with the soundbar off, just not a bad and takes longer. TV software is up to date.

Hi paulf018, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. Apologies for the mis-understanding on the last post. 

As everything has been checked, and an engineer has been out and you're still having an issue , it's suggests something is not compatible with your equipment. There could be other settings on your TV itself so it's worth looking at your TV Manufacturer forums. 

We do also have a gadget rescue team who can help but this is a chargeable service. You can find information on this here

Keep us posted. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

I've tried all the settings on the TV and nothing works. Everything was fine prior to the upgrade.

I've tried the sony help site with no luck, I can't sign in to their forums to ask on there. Everything I search on is no help.

I am just wating on the price increase letter and I will cancel my service, can't currently use the TV so just wasting money at the moment. Very reluctant to pay any more just to find out I need to replace my TV or sound bar.

Did you register an account on the Sony forum before trying to post?

^Martin

Yes, but it wont let me login. Just keeps coming up with a password recovery window, which I have followed and still can't login.