cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Sync Issue

paulf018
Joining in

I have just upgraded to 360 and now I am having problems with the sound going out of sync after about 20 mins. I have the exact same setup as before the upgrade, every other connected device is fine.

Called support and they just blamed my sound bar and suggested I don't use it 😡. It's ridiculous, can't wait until my contract is up so I can get rid.

I am hoping that someone might have a suggestion, I have tried everything I can think of.

20 REPLIES 20

roy247
Community elder

How's the TV, soundbar and 360 connected, is it 360 to TV and TV and soundbar connected using HDMI-ARC.

Is Dolby Audio set to Follow content on the 360.

The 360 is connected using HDMI to the TV and the soundbar is HDMI-ARC to TV. My soundbar only has one HDMI or optical so can't run the 360 box direct to it, if I want other devices connected.

I have set the audio to follow and tried the other audio settings with no luck.

Is there a bitstream pass through setting on your TV, set it to on and the 360 to follow content.

If you say what the TV and soundbar are that might get a better response.

Not that I can find.

The TV is a Sony Bravia 49XF9005 and the soundbar is a Sony SS-RT3

Does your TV have any of these settings you can try, found them here 

• Select Display & Sound  Audio output  Digital audio out  PCM.
  • Select Bravia Settings  Digital audio out  PCM.
  • Select Sound  Digital audio out  PCM.
  • Select Display & Sound  Audio output  A/V sync  Auto or On.
  • Select Sound  A/V sync  Auto or On.

Display & Sound → Audio output → Pass through mode → Auto.

It only has sound - a/v sync. Either option does not fix it, will eventually go out of sync.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @paulf018

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that the sound is becoming out sync since you upgraded to the 360. Does the sound still become out of sync when you do not have your sound bar connected? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

No, but I do not have an issue with any other equipment that's connected. I also never had an issue with the sound before the upgrade.

Now started to have sound problems on the TV without the sound bar. Escalation with customer support last week and no answer, contacted today and they are going to escalate again. VM customer support is very poor, don’t even contact you with any updates. 😠

Really wish I didn't do the upgrade and no way to go back.