cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Issues

Stanl
Dialled in

I have a new Sonos Beam Generation 2 and it is causing an issue with Netflix.

The TV has to be set to Bitstream to broadcast Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio through the soundbar but the TV 360 box only has PCM so at various intervals it gives the error message tvq-pb-101(5.2.15).

When you look this up it says the TV 360 box needs to be reset.

This doesn’t fix the problem and it keeps happening.

Can anyone give me some advice, bearing in mind the comments above have come from Sonos technical support team.

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

Hi Stanl,

If you set the 360 to follow content then it should switch automatically between Dolby and PCM depending on the input / channel. Follow content allows bitstream.

Does your TV also have a pass through setting for the audio input.

I have a Panasonic 65EZ TV and I don’t think it has a pass through setting but I’ll check in the morning 

Besides checking whether your speakers are muted or volume is turned up, you can check to ensure your devices aren't disabled. To do this, click Start > Settings > System > Sound. Select your device and then click Device properties for your input and output devices.

The sound is fine its the picture/streaming that has the issue.

Today the screen goes black for about 3 seconds and then re-sets itself and comes back on.

roy247
Community elder

If it's a picture problem with Netflix go to Settings, Audio & Video and try changing the Match Frame Setting, if it's set to On turn it Off, also if it's set Off turn it On and then try Netflix again.

That didn’t work, the only thing that seems to keep it stable is by setting the TV to PCM and not Bitstream