cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos Arc not connecting to virgin WiFi?

digitalchica
Tuning in

Since upgrading to the new hub I’m unable to connect either my Sonos arc or Sonos base unit to the new Wi-Fi via the Sonos app. It can find both products and the Wi-Fi but when I enter the password it’s does not recognise it. Anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions on how to resolve it? 

13 REPLIES 13

digitalchica
Tuning in

Correction. It’s the Hub 5 not 4 

Is that WiFi password the same as you've successfully entered into other devices such as a mobile phone?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Yes it is. 

Hi digitalchica,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are facing issues setting up yopur Sonos speaklers since upgrading to our Hub 5.0, have you tried the Sonos support Forums to see if anyone else has had the same issues?

Regards

Paul. 

I just had a look on the Sonos forum (thanks for the suggestion) and they are saying to switch it to modem mode. Any ideas about how this is different from the current factory settings?  Not really clued up on this. I did find a video to change to Modem mode but don't want to attempt it yet in case I can revert it back to the original settings if it does not work.

Modem mode provides broadband from a single LAN port with no WiFi.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks for coming back to us @digitalchica, can you please confirm if you've been able to find a solution to this issue?

Placing the hub in modem mode, as @Roger_Gooner advises, this would not allow you to use a Wi-Fi service on our router.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

banhamm
Up to speed

@digitalchica wrote:

Since upgrading to the new hub I’m unable to connect either my Sonos arc or Sonos base unit to the new Wi-Fi via the Sonos app. It can find both products and the Wi-Fi but when I enter the password it’s does not recognise it. Anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions on how to resolve it? 

Some things to consider are:

• Sonos app may need updating
  • Speaker/base may need a software/firmware update from within the Sonos app
  • Wifi Networks may need to be refreshed from within the Sonos app
  • Sonos occasionally has issues with 2.4ghz and 5ghz SSID names although this is less of an issue these days but you could check the naming just in case (within the Hub 5 Interface)
  • Unplug the speaker/base for a while, plug back in and try again

If these fail hopefully the Sonos forums may provide the answer you need.

managed to resolve the issue with Sonos help. It was because my system was still connected to the ole Wi-Fi network from the original hub that was replaced with the Hub 5. They were extremely helpful. Thank you all who responded. 🙂