cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software version 4.37

thrice
Superfast

Software version 4.37 has landed on my 360 box overnight. It would be helpful if there was a more detailed indication of what has changed or been improved rather than the bland message about 'squashing a few bugs' etc.

24 REPLIES 24

Those changes listed in those articles above seem quite large changes - are they correct ?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @deans6571 

The Dutch box is slightly different to the 360 in the UK. I used to provide a link to the Dutch site to show the changes but stopped due to the differences.

I haven't received the 4.37 update yet, but as far as I understand it the new update in the UK provides the facility to password protect all apps.

You tube will now include a voice search.  Hovering over a movie in Box sets & Movies will play a spoiler of the program. 

Hopefully @thrice  can expand or confirm the changes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on V4.37 being available for general release? It’s more than 3 weeks since there was first mention of someone having it, and I’m still on 4.36. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Any update on V4.37 being available for general release? It’s more than 3 weeks since there was first mention of someone having it, and I’m still on 4.36. 

Not landed here yet. 

Hi Anonymous

Sorry our Firmware updates are rolled out bit by bit and we cannot give an exact date when it will be released onto your box

Once it has, you will get an onscreen pop up advising of this 

Gareth_L

Hit my box today. Can't see any obvious changes.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

…..

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My 360 has updated to 4.37.

The option to lock apps is now active and working.

Settings > Parental Controls >Lock apps
All apps are listed as being able to be locked

The voice search now works on You Tube

Also courtesy of @BenMcr  (I don't have Netflix )

There is a Netflix text search if you select the search icon from Home and then select it from the option on the right instead of 'All'. It immediately launches Netflix when selecting a result.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

4.37 just arrived in the EH54 area.  Usual carrying on, having to reboot several times to get the box working again, otherwise nothing much to see. The Dutch site mentions a few things but nothing ground breaking.   

@newapollo wrote:

Also courtesy of @BenMcr  (I don't have Netflix )

There is a Netflix text search if you select the search icon from Home and then select it from the option on the right instead of 'All'. It immediately launches Netflix when selecting a result.

Its a shame that you need to switch the option.  It would be better if the results were just integrated into the whole search results.

Id like to see a list of the changes like we did in this blog post for 4.36 https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/What-s-new-in-4-36-on-the-Virgin-TV-360/ba-p/48862...