cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software version 4.37

thrice
Superfast

Software version 4.37 has landed on my 360 box overnight. It would be helpful if there was a more detailed indication of what has changed or been improved rather than the bland message about 'squashing a few bugs' etc.

24 REPLIES 24

jamesredfern
Superfast

Interesting. Nothing here in area 30 yet.  Hopefully it will address the Dolby issue.... but I doubt it

PhilipF
Superfast

Isn't it for the bbc1 hd regional rollout, As we have reset all the bbc1 hd series link and its removed all the previous set recordings for bbc1 hd. 

@PhilipF wrote:

Isn't it for the bbc1 hd regional rollout, As we have reset all the bbc1 hd series link and its removed all the previous set recordings for bbc1 hd. 

According to the on-screen guide, BBC ONE HD regional programmes such as regional news are listed from 17th January.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @PhilipF 

I haven't got the 4.37 update yet, I'm usually updated around 3 weeks after @thrice 

I'm still on version 4.36, however when checking the settings the 4.36 was slightly altered.

The Software Version was DCX960_MON-PRD-00.03-126-FS-AL-20211120-NA004

Overnight or early 11.01.2021 it changed to Software Version DCX960_MON-PRD-00.03-126-FS-AL-20211203124539-NA004 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

Hi @PhilipF 

I haven't got the 4.37 update yet, I'm usually updated around 3 weeks after @thrice 

I'm still on version 4.36, however when checking the settings the 4.36 was slightly altered.

The Software Version was DCX960_MON-PRD-00.03-126-FS-AL-20211120-NA004

Overnight or early 11.01.2021 it changed to Software Version DCX960_MON-PRD-00.03-126-FS-AL-20211203124539-NA004 

I'm not sure what all those numbers mean but they could be dates of some kind:

2021 12 03 (Date) 12:45:39 (Time).

Perhaps when the software was released ?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @deans6571 

Good thinking and probably correct.

I hadn't checked the software version recently until yesterday so it's possible I missed out some of the numbers the previous time I made a note of the software version.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yesterday evening I glanced again at the on-screen guide and found that the BBC ONE regional news programmes from 17th January onwards are no longer marked as available on BBC ONE HD. I think that whoever compiles the guide might have been jumping the gun. I don't know if this only applies to London or to those of us who have had the update to 4.37.

According to the on-screen guide, regional news in HD is now scheduled to be available on BBC ONE HD (London) from the 24th of January - unless that is someone jumping the gun again.