cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software update 4.39

PhilipF
Superfast

Not sure what this as done overall, but the epg used to default to last channel watched if you exited Netflix or Prime from the epg it now stays put. So a small step forward. 

6 REPLIES 6

deans6571
Wise owl

There has been an update to the 'New' flags in the EPG as referenced here :

deans6571_0-1649233331145.png

Apparently there is to be no 4:38 update neither :

deans6571_1-1649233429584.png

Just to confirm. The most recent software update is version 4.39. There is no version 4.38.

The 'record new only' feature is indeed there, accessed from 'advanced' in the recordings screen when setting a recording.

@thrice wrote:

Just to confirm. The most recent software update is version 4.39. There is no version 4.38.

The 'record new only' feature is indeed there, accessed from 'advanced' in the recordings screen when setting a recording.

...so I guess this means we will now have to update all our existing recordings to say 'New Only' instead of 'From this episode onwards' ?

I now see that any new programmes now carry a large 'NEW' tag in the on-screen guide since the 4.39 update.

How best to force check for a new version? A reboot of the box?

@oxfordmark wrote:
How best to force check for a new version? A reboot of the box?

I don't think that works. These things happen when they happen, usually within two or three weeks at the most, and overnight. For some unknown reason, I receive these updates early on in each cycle.