cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update

JAK92
On our wavelength

I saw some people have now got 4.34 update however mine for some reason is stuck on 4.31. Anyone know why and if there's a way to force an upgrade? Preferably without losing any recordings? 

15 REPLIES 15

JAK92
On our wavelength

@Anonymous wrote:

@JAK92 wrote:

I saw some people have now got 4.34 update however mine for some reason is stuck on 4.31. Anyone know why and if there's a way to force an upgrade? Preferably without losing any recordings? 

Have you tried a reset? I updated both my boxes last week by doing this. You’ll have the option to keep your recordings and most settings are retained - worth a try.

Since January, I’ve noticed that they tend to be available generally three weeks after people first report receiving them. They also tend to roll out early on a Tuesday. 

Yeah just done it and it randomly popped up a message saying audio settings may have being changed with this update I thought oh good it's worked but checked and still stuck on 4.31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JAK92 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JAK92 wrote:

Have you tried a reset? I updated both my boxes last week by doing this. You’ll have the option to keep your recordings and most settings are retained - worth a try.

Since January, I’ve noticed that they tend to be available generally three weeks after people first report receiving them. They also tend to roll out early on a Tuesday. 

Yeah just done it and it randomly popped up a message saying audio settings may have being changed with this update I thought oh good it's worked but checked and still stuck on 4.31

The way Virgin roll out updates is very strange. There was clearly an issue with V.32, hence why it was skipped for most. Sometimes, one box will update and the other won't etc. And it's weird how some seem to be stuck on V.31, whist others are now on V.34 🤦‍

JAK92
On our wavelength

JAK92
On our wavelength

@Anonymous wrote:

@JAK92 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JAK92 wrote:

The way Virgin roll out updates is very strange. There was clearly an issue with V.32, hence why it was skipped for most. Sometimes, one box will update and the other won't etc. And it's weird how some seem to be stuck on V.31, whist others are now on V.34 🤦‍

Makes zero sense. As I say i'm guessing those on 31 have to just wait now for Virgin to get their act together! 

turbine
Superfast

Thanks to the ModTeam for their support with this problem.

Both boxes updated to 4.33 and have been fine since.