cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update

JAK92
On our wavelength

I saw some people have now got 4.34 update however mine for some reason is stuck on 4.31. Anyone know why and if there's a way to force an upgrade? Preferably without losing any recordings? 

15 REPLIES 15

JAK92
On our wavelength

In fact I'm fairly sure I had a later upgrade than this recently when I last checked so I have no idea how or why it's downgraded? Can anyone shed anylight on how to update? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The short answer is no. SW Updates are pushed to TV boxes as & when, and can't be forced.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

JAK92
On our wavelength

It seems odd to have downgraded at some point though? As I'm sure I had a later upgrade then what it is currently showing! 

@JAK92 wrote:

It seems odd to have downgraded at some point though? As I'm sure I had a later upgrade then what it is currently showing! 

Both of my boxes upgraded to 4.33 and have rolled back to 4.31. This happened last Tuesday and are still on 4.31.

JAK92
On our wavelength

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I must admit it was around that date when my box randomly restarted one evening didn't think much of it but clearly this was the issue. 

Have you had any correspondence as to what has happened? Hoping a member of staff can help us both! 

JAK92
On our wavelength

Can;t understand why it's happened though! We can't be the only two either as I've not seen anyone mention it having had a brief look tonight 

@JAK92 wrote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I must admit it was around that date when my box randomly restarted one evening didn't think much of it but clearly this was the issue. 

Have you had any correspondence as to what has happened? Hoping a member of staff can help us both! 

No member of the forum team have picked this up. There was another thread about this last week.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JAK92 wrote:

I saw some people have now got 4.34 update however mine for some reason is stuck on 4.31. Anyone know why and if there's a way to force an upgrade? Preferably without losing any recordings? 

Have you tried a reset? I updated both my boxes last week by doing this. You’ll have the option to keep your recordings and most settings are retained - worth a try.

Since January, I’ve noticed that they tend to be available generally three weeks after people first report receiving them. They also tend to roll out early on a Tuesday. 

JAK92
On our wavelength

@turbine wrote:

@JAK92 wrote:

No member of the forum team have picked this up. There was another thread about this last week.

Oh really? Have you got the link to that thread? As I've not come across it yet!