cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update on v360 to version 4.34

Fraz56
Tuning in

My software was updated today to version 4.34. As soon as the box booted up, I could see that the picture looked softer and darker with way too much contrast now.

Why on earth can`t they leave things alone? 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The 360 software is under active development, and I strongly doubt this will be the last update your box has this month, let alone this year.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thrice
Superfast

I have had the 4.34 software update for a fortnight and have seen no discernable difference in picture quality.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My 360's updated to 4.34 overnight.

I can't see any difference in picture quality or colour.

I've been through the settings and the only thing I can see which might be different (I don't recall seeing this before) is that when going into

Settings > Network > Diagnostics the Signal Quality shows as not available if you aren't tuned into live TV channel.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

My 360's updated to 4.34 overnight.

I can't see any difference in picture quality or colour.

I've been through the settings and the only thing I can see which might be different (I don't recall seeing this before) is that when going into

Settings > Network > Diagnostics the Signal Quality shows as not available if you aren't tuned into live TV channel.

It's like that in 4.33

ashscrivens1
Dialled in

Picture quality has got much better with updates for me using the TV's standard settings in my eyes, defiantly noticed a change. Maybe tweak your picture settings as they would of been set for the output that virgin developers have decided wasn't up to scratch.

Now if its been improved you might need readjust your set.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve noticed two differences with 4.34:

1. Thumbnails load quicker in Catch Up and Movies & Boxsets

2. The ‘please wait/welcome screen’ is now shown at boot up before the VM logo is displayed