cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sockets in wrong location

JANE21
Joining in

Just got my tv box an discovered u cant use it with being tied to the hub with a cable. After being told being taking out the contract no no u just connect using wifi. Was on the phone to cs an they said sure u can just use the smart stuff on the tv box and not worry about live tv.,,, let me say the sockets r at the front door downstairs in the hallway. My living room is up stairs and it a room about 30 metre away. Cs said can u not move downstair into a hallway at the front door tobe able to use live tv. No hope from cs. Also my channel pack is wrong i did not order drama i ordered docs they will not change it an say it will be fixed once its sets up 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All VM TV boxes need a co-ax cable connection, that's what supplies the TV signals. The internet from your homehub - whether that's wireless or over Ethernet - is what supports OnDemand, streaming & EPG/software updates.

If you don't have a co-ax connection in the location you want to use your box, you'll need an engineer install to put one there (including the associated cabling) - calling into C/S should be the quickest way to arrange this.

On your TV package - did you get any confirmation emails when you signed up for the package, and can you compare that with your contract on your "myVirginMedia" online account? I don't see any reason you can't change - what sounds to me like - a personal pick. You may just need to callback and speak to another agent. If your TV service hasn't been setup yet, the 14days cooling-off shouldn't have even started.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

SteNix2020
Up to speed

You could do with a engineer coming round and fitting that as unless like the CS agent said your going to watch TV in your hallway then your doing to need a fair bit of cable, unless the engineer can relocate the internal isolator box or maybe add a new one. 

I am unsure whether this is chargeable - I'm sure someone on here with more experience can comment on that. Though would have thought it shouldn't be. I am pretty certain though you can connect your TV box via wireless to the hub, again I don't have this service so you would have to wait for someone who knows about this to respond.

Have seen some good feedback on here so you could wait for a VM staff to pick this up or you could text in on 07533051809 both of which won't be immediate responses but should get the issue resolved.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All VM TV boxes need a co-ax cable connection, that's what supplies the TV signals. The internet from your homehub - whether that's wireless or over Ethernet - is what supports OnDemand, streaming & EPG/software updates.

If you don't have a co-ax connection in the location you want to use your box, you'll need an engineer install to put one there (including the associated cabling) - calling into C/S should be the quickest way to arrange this.

On your TV package - did you get any confirmation emails when you signed up for the package, and can you compare that with your contract on your "myVirginMedia" online account? I don't see any reason you can't change - what sounds to me like - a personal pick. You may just need to callback and speak to another agent. If your TV service hasn't been setup yet, the 14days cooling-off shouldn't have even started.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Cs are uselss but ill just have to try again o and about the channel pack i was told it would be sorted before it arrive but i can see from using the app thr not thr 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM staff will work through posts on here & respond, it may take a day or so - hence the advice to call normally being quicker.

Arranging the tech for the internal cabling works will be relatively straightforward, but normally this comes with a £99 charge. If it's part of an install or where (for whatever reason) self-install QuickStart isn't suitable, then this should be FO.

The package change/correction will need to be done by phone - forum staff don't deal with package change issues.

Hi Jane,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you haven't been able to use the TV service due to not being able tom, install the box in your living room as no socket there and that the channels are also incorrect to what you asked for.

I have located your account and it looks like you have decided to cancel your services since your last post, is this due to the issues with the cabling and the channels?

Regards

Paul.