cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skysports football suddenly pixelated picture breaking up

Caligulacabbage
Dialled in

Virginmedia went down for a few hours weekend just gone .now up and running and we now have sky sports football sky sports prem league pixellation picture breaking up . Only those two channels everything else is fine diagnostics says everything’s okay all green all ticked . Anyone else having issues with sky sports football ? 

8 REPLIES 8

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Caligulacabbage,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some your TV picture issues.

Have you taken a look at our TV Fault page to see if this can help identify the issue? Have you tried to reboot your TV box and your Hub to ensure that all systems are refreshed and up to date? 

Does this happen on live TV only? Or does it impact both live TV and VOD programs? 

Let us know if the above advise as helped and if you need any further assistance going forward.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Pauline . I have factory reset both boxes and the problem remains it’s now started on Cartoon Network HD as well . I would check the SD channels but I can not find Skysports standard definition on the tv listings .  The issue has started after virginmedia went down New Year’s Day at 1:30am and then went back online late morning I have checked all the HDMEI leads the picture is fine on sky sports news sky sports main event sky sports NFL sky sports mix sky sports F1 it’s fine on sky cinema , all on demand .Issue is with  channels :Cartoon Network HD ,sky sports football ,sky sports premier league sky cricket .  ,picture like colour blocks and pixelated 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

OnDemand uses the internet and won't be affected by any signal faults in the same way.

Cartoon Network HD shares a broadcast frequency with Sky Sports Cricket HD, Sky Family HD, Sky Comedy HD, Eurosport 2 HD, TLC HD & Quest HD - so if you have a signal fault affecting any of those channels, it's likely to affect all of them.

Also check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061.

On a 360, you can't view the SD version of any channel if you also have the HD variant in your subscription - except for BBC1. So if you subscribe to Sky Sports HD, you won't have access to the SD versions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Caligulacabbage,

Sorry to hear the problem remains. I have taken a look at the account and our system is advising of a prolonged performance issue. 

I'll drop you a PM now so we can confirm some more details and get a technician booked to get things checked over.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thanks for looking into this issue Ayisha . 

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @Caligulacabbage,

I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the issue with the pixilation on your box. You can find confirmation of the visit via your
online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the
MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi @Caligulacabbage,

Apologies for the delayed response to your PM, I've just come online. 

How did the tech visit go today?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi . Sod’s law after my partner explained issue and you very kindly booked engineer . This morning working fine . Engineer turned up after 4pm put a device that plugs into the mains to connect wifi and box removed splitter replaced cable from device to cable box said it might be damaged . we have all the VM stuff in a ventilated locked  cupboard and no one goes in there as we have autistic kids . So no idea what happened . Hopefully the signal remains constant . So far it’s like it was this morning . will be giving good feedback on survey should there be one . Thanks . Tracy