cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skysports UHD

vsurresh
On our wavelength

Hi, guys. 

I see Virgin is now offering Sky Cinema content in UHD? Is there a hope to get Sky Sports in UHD? I see some older posts where it's mentioned that it was supposed to happen last year.

Thanks 

29 REPLIES 29

Doesn’t look like we are getting it for the start of the season 

The sad fact is, if you have a decent 4k tv it upscales normal 1080 hd to a very reasonable quality and it's not far off true UHD or 4k. Obviouly the quality deminishes the larger your screen/closer you sit. It's the HDR that really makes the picture really impressive. So I don't see the point of paying extra for UHD content if it doesn't include HDR.

Having said that the broadcast quality of the picture also has a massive effect on the clarity of the image. Sky sports HD is particularly inconsistent, going from reasonably good to shockingly poor. So I doubt the UHD will be consistently good.

If you want to see a good picture, try 4k on apple TV,  if your tv has the app or you get the stand alone player. Blows netfix and sky out of the water.

Sky now starting to broadcast some matches not just in 4K but also HDR.

Is that on Virgin or Just Sky and if it is Virgin what channel please.

@ROBCALLY wrote:

Is that on Virgin or Just Sky and if it is Virgin what channel please.

Just on Sky Q at the moment. Will be interesting if and when it comes to Virgin.

VM has repeatedly demonstrated its ability to provide UHD and HLG for streaming and broadcasts, so the delay is surely the fault of Sky who is over seven months late.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Why are you so quick to defend Virgin? No consumer cares who's 'fault' it is with regards to missing features, bugs, or anything else. 

This is true for ANY organisation. 

The frustration at Virgin's lack of Sky Sports UHD would be slightly diminished if the quality of Sky Sports HD wasn't so poor on Virgin.  The picture is so soft it beggars belief.

I am now in the last 6 months of my Virgin Media contract having been a long term subscriber and the lack of Sky Sports UHD is a definite deal breaker.

Same here, will leave as soon as the contract ends.

Hi dpullen87,

Thank you for your post. We'd be very sorry to see you leave. 

If there is anything else you require assistance with please do let us know. 

^Martin