cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skysports UHD

vsurresh
On our wavelength

Hi, guys. 

I see Virgin is now offering Sky Cinema content in UHD? Is there a hope to get Sky Sports in UHD? I see some older posts where it's mentioned that it was supposed to happen last year.

Thanks 

29 REPLIES 29

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JAK92,

We are unable to confirm exactly the plans for Sky Sports UHD to be rolled out, as this is not information we have access to via the forums.

Any updates will be relayed once we do.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

This needs sorting ASAP. Sky are moving forward with HDR for UHD Sport and we are still stuck with HD despite a promise a good two years ago.

My contract is up next year and I am not staying unless UHD Sky Sports is available. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jacobtribe wrote:

My contract is up next year and I am not staying unless UHD Sky Sports is available. 

Which is exactly what Sky want Virgin Media customers to think. "I'm not staying with Virgin unless (xyz) is available" - where xyz is controlled (to some degree) by Sky. A predictable sales tactic really.

Other examples are available, it's not just UHD sports.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts wrote:

@Jacobtribe wrote:

Which is exactly what Sky want Virgin Media customers to think. "I'm not staying with Virgin unless (xyz) is available" - where xyz is controlled (to some degree) by Sky. A predictable sales tactic really.

Other examples are available, it's not just UHD sports.

Because it's true and it works. If you want something a rival is offering, you're gonna go there and get it if there is no sign of it arriving here anytime soon. So I'm not really sure what point you are making.

Exactly! The issue is a lot of people signed up to Virgin on the understanding UHD Sport was coming. It would of been different had it never of been mentioned.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd be interested to see any VM advertising that specifically mentioned Sky Sports UHD.

Press releases are one thing, adverts something else - I'm happy to be corrected, but don't believe VM have ever advertised this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

@Brown96 wrote:

I only resigned my contract with virgin because the sales person on retention said sky sports UHD would be out in June, this year. Didn’t happen so as soon as my contract is up I’m moving to sky, fed up with false promises with virgin media now. 

The person I spoke to in retensions said I would probably know before he did if Sky Sports in UHD was available.

roy247
Community elder

@Paul_DN wrote:

Hi Brown96,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry Sky sports UHD isn't available yet, we are constantly trying to improve our services and will hopefully have this ASAP, we do already have Sky Movies UHD.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul_DN 

If sky sports uhd does become available on Virgin I assume it will be included in the ultimate oomph package just as sky movies uhd is.

Roy

I suspect that many of us will have to pay extra for Sky Sports UHD.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I pay extra for movies and entertainment in UHD so I suspect sport will be the same