cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skysports UHD

vsurresh
On our wavelength

Hi, guys. 

I see Virgin is now offering Sky Cinema content in UHD? Is there a hope to get Sky Sports in UHD? I see some older posts where it's mentioned that it was supposed to happen last year.

Thanks 

29 REPLIES 29

Topgun
Dialled in

You are correct. This was supposed to happen in 2020. However, now that we are in the second half of 2021 and still no sign of it, God alone knows when, or indeed if, it might finally appear!

vsurresh
On our wavelength

Thanks for your response. BBC shows European championship In UHD and it make a huge difference for me. I might as well jump ship to Sky if virgin don't provide UHD at least by end of this year. 

Sky has Sky Sports UHD - VM and BT have BT Sports in UHD.   You will not get both at present on either platform and both are part-time.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

vsurresh
On our wavelength

I understand your point but we can always get standalone BT sport subscription and use the app to stream in UHD. I can't wait to watch F1 in UHD.

If Sky won't or don't agree to Virgin showing Sky Sports in UHD then it could just be a way of getting you to switch to Sky. I suspect if it does become available it will be an extra charge to existing users and free to new customer's and restart the ultimate oomph sky cinema uhd debate. 

Just my opinion and I would also like to see F1 in UHD.

Brown96
On our wavelength

I only resigned my contract with virgin because the sales person on retention said sky sports UHD would be out in June, this year. Didn’t happen so as soon as my contract is up I’m moving to sky, fed up with false promises with virgin media now. 

Hi Brown96,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry Sky sports UHD isn't available yet, we are constantly trying to improve our services and will hopefully have this ASAP, we do already have Sky Movies UHD.

Regards

Paul.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I hope @Paul_DN won't mind me clarifying one of their points, just to avoid any confusion...

@Paul_DN wrote:

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry Sky sports UHD isn't available yet, we are constantly trying to improve our services and will hopefully have this ASAP, we do already have Sky Movies UHD.

Virgin Media don't carry Sky Movies UHD as linear broadcast channels, but do have Sky Cinema as UHD OnDemand content.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

JAK92
On our wavelength

@Paul_DN wrote:

Hi Brown96,

Regards

Paul.

So you're still hoping to get Sky Sports UHD real soon?