cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky uhd sports from today.

Swf
Fibre optic

Hi Amy information on the new sky uhd 4k channel starting today on Virgin.    How to get ? What package gets for free?   Prices.  Any information pls 

37 REPLIES 37

It is a 4K channel using HLG.  Not all 4K tvs can do HLG.

@Swf wrote:

What difference does it make what TV I have I don't understand.  

What do you mean TV box or package?   Thanks. 

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

TV make and model are good bits of information to provide if you want help.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Swf, 

I am sorry for any confusion, I believe @Roger_Gooner is asking this would be to see if your equipment, TV and TV box are capable to get the desired picture.

The Sky UHD package, is in high definition. All info helps to get the answer you are looking for 😊

Have you been able to view the channels since your post? Have you been advised on when this will start? 

Thanks,

Zoie

Yeah sorry I thought this volt room I have. Clots  top package and 4k TVs.  360s.      

If you provide the make/model of the tv set then somebody could advise it is is compatible or may inform if a tv setting may need changing.

Having a 4K tv is not enough - it needs to be HLG compatible.

@Swf wrote:

Yeah sorry I thought this volt room I have. Clots  top package and 4k TVs.  360s.      

Wow thank your your amazing

Samsung UE50NU7400

@ozsat wrote:

If you provide the make/model of the tv set then somebody could advise it is is compatible or may inform if a tv setting may need changing.

Having a 4K tv is not enough - it needs to be HLG compatible.

@Swf wrote:

Swf
Fibre optic

Just to add when I click on the channel which is great out it asked me to go and upgrade. 

Pls  advise

Swf
Fibre optic

Sorry I'm asking the staff when I click the channel which is greyed out.  It's says to call 0800 052 0701.   To upgrade.   But when I upgraded my contact I was told when the uhd sky comes it would automatically be active.     Can someone advise.    As I had many issues of being lied to from the same seller.  And this is the only thing we need to fix now. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hiya @Swf 

I'm going to try to explain what's happened and where any confusion may be coming from.

It would be an additional charge for yuo to add Sky Sports UHD.

You received a call from retentions in November 2022 and accepted a new contract (to match the package you were on at the time which was the Ultimate Oomph package) and you agreed to sign up for the Ultimate Volt package.

The difference between those two packages was that the new one had an O2 sim, rather than a VM sim, so your bill would have been split so that you payed O2 for the sim, and you payed VM for the broadband, tv and phone, instead of the full amount being made to VM as in the past. Previously the cost of the sim (Ultimate Oomph) was included in the overall total of the package paid directly to VM instead of a set amount being paid separately to VM mobile for the sim.

The  Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD used to be included in the Ultimate Oomph package, but since 1st November 2022 it was no longer included as standard as part of the Ultimate Volt package. You should therefore have been charged an additional £6 per month for that add on, unless the agent agreed to include it for free. I think the agent agreed to include the Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD add on for free.

This is where the confusion may be, because the Sky Sports UHD add on was only introduced at the beginning of February 2023, so this couldn't have been included in your new package in November.

It's an additional cost for everybody that wants it adding to their package. Customers need to already have Sky Sports UHD (which you have) to add it to their package which will be an additional £7 per month.

Those wanting to add  Sky Cinema & Entertainment UHD which wasn't already in their package, and Sky Sports UHD would have to pay an additional £10 per month (but again they would also need to be subscribing to Sky Sports HD)

If you post a picture of your contract  (with personal infomation such as your name, address, postcode and account number removed) we can check and confirm details.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I never watch the moves. I only use the internet and watch football.  I. Was specifically told that when the new sky uhd sports channels turn up that they would automatically start to work as it's part of the package.   I've been lied to so many times it's unbelievable.  I hope a stage member can sort this out.   How do they get away with conning the public I'm sure this is illegal. 

Is it not fraud?     How many people on here babe been lied to ? 100s or 1000s.        Tha KS for you help but I will get justice and a apology.      Can a staff member please go over what's happened to my contract so far there's about 6 things that went wrong or  or more.   Thanks 

When VM and Sky announced UHD coming soon - over two years ago - it was thought that Sport and Movies would be included from launch.

But sport never appeared and the UHD pack became 'Entertainment and Movies' only.

UHD Sport is an additional charge on top of that.

If your paying for UHD movies which you don't want - I think it is only about £1 extra to change it to sport.

@Swf wrote:

I never watch the moves. I only use the internet and watch football.  I. Was specifically told that when the new sky uhd sports channels turn up that they would automatically start to work as it's part of the package.   I've been lied to so many times it's unbelievable.  I hope a stage member can sort this out.   How do they get away with conning the public I'm sure this is illegal. 

Is it not fraud?     How many people on here babe been lied to ? 100s or 1000s.        Tha KS for you help but I will get justice and a apology.      Can a staff member please go over what's happened to my contract so far there's about 6 things that went wrong or  or more.   Thanks