cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky uhd sports from today.

Swf
Fibre optic

Hi Amy information on the new sky uhd 4k channel starting today on Virgin.    How to get ? What package gets for free?   Prices.  Any information pls 

37 REPLIES 37

Koolmacher
Dialled in
  • Contact them via chat or WhatsApp and ask to upgrade(the upgrade button on screen doesn't work) , its been available for a few days now not that virgin would know a anything about it..... 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Swf 

The Sky Sprts UHD channels are only available on the V6 and 360 boxes. They can be added to any paid VM TV package,

The channels are an additional cost on every package.

There are three Sky Sports UHD channels and they have been available since 1st February,

Sky Sports Main Event UHD on channel 532, and Sky Sports UHD on channels 533 and 534. 

Sky Sport Main Event UHD broadcasts  exactly the same programs as the original Sky Sports Main Event channel, although it does carry the Premier League games in UHD, plus any other content that Sky themselves broadcast on that UHD channel.

Channels 533 and 534 will show any other sporting UHD content that Sky transmit, for example F1 in UHD

It's an extra £7 per month to add the Sky Sports UHD channels (you do need to already have the HD version) on it's own.

For those that are on the Ultimate Oomph or Ultimate Volt packages that included the Sky Cinema & Sky Entertainment UHD for free it's also an additional £7 per month

The Sky Cinema & Sky Entertainment UHD add on stopped being available for free for new subscribers to the Ultimate Volt package in November, so if they want to add the  Sky Cinema & Sky Entertainment UHD OD add on and the Sky Sports UHD channels it is an additional £10 per month.

To add Sky Cinema & Entertainment UHD on it's own it's an additional £6 per month

If you have Sky Sports SD then it would be £11 (£7 for the Sky Sports HD add on + £4 difference for the Sky UHD change)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Swf
Fibre optic

So I was lied to about a few things. In the end all was sorted but I was promised sky 4k or uhd as some call it would automatically start whe. They went live.    Now I see them but I can't watch can anyone help me  to sort this out pls.   Tha k you all 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Swf 

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about your issue

What happens when you try to watch the channels? Can you attach a screenshot of the error message for us please?

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Tha

@Travis_M wrote:

Hi @Swf 

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about your issue

What happens when you try to watch the channels? Can you attach a screenshot of the error message for us please?

Thanks all.  The channels are just blacked out.   I was told when renewing there just come on and as I'm uploading to volt there free.   Please advise. 

@newapollo wrote:

Hi @Swf 

The Sky Sprts UHD channels are only available on the V6 and 360 boxes. They can be added to any paid VM TV package,

The channels are an additional cost on every package.

There are three Sky Sports UHD channels and they have been available since 1st February,

Sky Sports Main Event UHD on channel 532, and Sky Sports UHD on channels 533 and 534. 

Sky Sport Main Event UHD broadcasts  exactly the same programs as the original Sky Sports Main Event channel, although it does carry the Premier League games in UHD, plus any other content that Sky themselves broadcast on that UHD channel.

Channels 533 and 534 will show any other sporting UHD content that Sky transmit, for example F1 in UHD

It's an extra £7 per month to add the Sky Sports UHD channels (you do need to already have the HD version) on it's own.

For those that are on the Ultimate Oomph or Ultimate Volt packages that included the Sky Cinema & Sky Entertainment UHD for free it's also an additional £7 per month

The Sky Cinema & Sky Entertainment UHD add on stopped being available for free for new subscribers to the Ultimate Volt package in November, so if they want to add the  Sky Cinema & Sky Entertainment UHD OD add on and the Sky Sports UHD channels it is an additional £10 per month.

To add Sky Cinema & Entertainment UHD on it's own it's an additional £6 per month

If you have Sky Sports SD then it would be £11 (£7 for the Sky Sports HD add on + £4 difference for the Sky UHD change)

On looking about the movies and entertainment I have none of them but I was told I would get all of them.   I only really watch YouTube. But I was lied to a kit loads of things and it looks like this also.    Any help is welcome. 

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

TV make and model are good bits of information to provide if you want help.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

What difference does it make what TV I have I don't understand.  

What do you mean TV box or package?   Thanks. 

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

TV make and model are good bits of information to provide if you want help.

Swf
Fibre optic

Can a member of virgin pls advise me