cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports red button

ADMJ
On our wavelength

When selecting red button on Sky golf channel I get correct pictures but audio is totally something else. I have rebooted all and still the same. Have been in touch with Virgin and have had boxes reset from their end but still no good. Has been going on for at least a month and no notification of fixes. Any ideas?

26 REPLIES 26

ADMJ
On our wavelength

Sky golf once again red button playing random music over live feed. Is this issue being taken seriously and being addressed or is it a back burner unknown. Is it a fundamental part of digital TV or not?

Is this issue across every Virgin offering or unique to V6 360?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've tested on my V6, and there aren't currently any red-button events on either SS-Golf-SD or SS-Golf-HD

The 360 is a different platform (the previous post referred to "V6 360" which doesn't exist) and others can test on that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've just checked the red button on Sky Sports Golf HD on my 360 and there is a message stating, "There are currently no Interactive events on this channel"

EDIT.  The previous program the Live Irish Open finished at 1pm. That may have carried the interactive events on the red button earlier.  It's on again from 4pm so may be worth checking again later.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us @ADMJ

The previous fault has now been closed down as resolved but if you're still having issues with this the problem clearly hasn't been resolved.

I have tried to replicate this issue myself but have come across the same issues as the community members.

I will try at 4 pm to check this once again, please could you do the same @ADMJ and let me know if there has been any change.

Regards,

Steven_L

ADMJ
On our wavelength

Thanks for reply. Yes red button was until 1.  If you could try from 4onwards during red button coverage or whenever it starts, or its on I would be grateful for your observations.

My reference to V6 360 means I have a V6 box updated with software to enable 360 features which is a virgin upgrade.

Thanks for your help

ADMJ
On our wavelength

Still the same. Correct pictures but a looped musical soundtrack. Not sure how it has been resolved.

Hope this helps and could you please advise next step?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again ADMJ,

I've just checked again on my 360, and confirm the red button is now working on channel 505 SS Golf, however I also have music and no commentary.

Rebooting makes no difference. The Golf is also on 501, but no red button on that channel.

I glanced at a program the SS Golf Channel last week and the red button was the same, music but no commentary. I thought no more about it at the time as I thought they were showing highlights.

I was watching the practice session for the Grand Prix on SS F1 earlier and there weren't any issues with the red button.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for coming back to us @ADMJ.

I have just looked into this on my personal V6 and there is no issue on the V6, so it seems to be an issue with the 360 box and the red button.

I'm looking into this for you now and will come back to you once I have an update on the problem.

Regards,

Steven_L

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All good on my V6 here, on both SS-Golf-SD & SS-Golf-HD. Which are you trying, and is there a difference?

V6 & 360 are different software, and are commonly referred to on here separately.

Edited to admit that these posts all crossed!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi japitts,

I only have the Sky Sports in HD on my 360, so I'm afraid I can't check the SD version.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.