cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports red button

ADMJ
On our wavelength

When selecting red button on Sky golf channel I get correct pictures but audio is totally something else. I have rebooted all and still the same. Have been in touch with Virgin and have had boxes reset from their end but still no good. Has been going on for at least a month and no notification of fixes. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ADMJ
On our wavelength

Still the same. Correct pictures but a looped musical soundtrack. Not sure how it has been resolved.

Hope this helps and could you please advise next step?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

ADMJ
On our wavelength

Interesting this was happening 9 months ago I reported exactly the same a month ago and virgin said there were no known issues. I'm using virgin 360 upgraded V6 box. Red button golf channel 505 correct picture different audio. Mostly formula 1 but just looped music today. Lots of red button golf and it's not working as it should on Virgin. Please tell us if there is an issue!!!

This is a regular occurrence on the Sky Sports Golf red button. Currently there is no volume at all. Can Virgin raise this as a reoccurring fault.

Hi ADMJ

We have no reports of this right now 

But I will go away and see if we know what the issue is 

Gareth_L

Here is a report for you Gareth L. There is no sound.

Thanks @coypu13

Gareth has raised this with our team to find out if there's any known issues and we will get back to you with an update. 

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @ADMJ,

Thanks for your post, I'm so sorry for the issue you've been having with the Sky Sports red button.

This is an ongoing fault that we are aware of and are seeking to fix as soon as possible with Sky.

The fault reference is: F008985944

I do apologise for the impact this is having at the moment.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

ADMJ
On our wavelength

Thanks Molly for your response. Could you please advise how long the ticket has been open and being investigated as it appears it has been an issue for a long time. Could you please also advise when your technical team hope to have this issue resolved as it's an integral feature of sky sports and it's not being advised when the package is being sold. Thanks for your help.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ADMJ,

From what I can see this has been open since May, but this is something being worked by both ourselves and Sky and as such we are unable to give our own ETA for this I'm afraid.

I have informed our mods and we are doing all we can to get our team to push with this, I'm really sorry for the issue in the meantime and really hope to have an update for you soon.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s the old story. The RB facility runs on a Sky maintained app that is embedded in VMs box firmware. It’s not the first time Sky have dragged their heels fixing issues. Again I suppose it’s their hope people will get fed up & either get a Now TV stick or dump VM in favour of Sky.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks