cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports on SD with oomph bundle with HD Sky sports added

Newhammer
On our wavelength

We have the oomph bundle with sky sports hd added. 
The quality of the picture in sky sports live is poor. The sky logo in top right of screen says sky sports but not hd. Is this normal for VM or do I need something switched on by VM?

I don’t feel I am getting what I am paying for as BT sport live is brilliant. 

11 REPLIES 11

I am in my fifth month of an eighteen month contract with VM. This problem with poor Sky sports HD picture definition has been present since  the first day with VM after 21 years with Sky. Football is the worst and as I noted that the hd logo was missing from the top right I thought I was not getting what I was paying for. Hence this post. I now find that this is normal for VM. It is amazing that BBC football pictures are better quality than Sky sports HD on VM. 
My experience is the same as TouchingCloth’s and as I described just like viewing though a net curtain ie. very poor definition especially on long shot views when around a quarter to a third of the pitch is in view. BT on VM is crisp and clear. Changing to 1080p made absolutely no discernible difference apart from other channels looking worse. 
Looks like VM won’t be keeping me for very long. 

Tonights the night for the forum team members to compare. BBC vs ITV vs Sky sports. 

No change in settings, flick between the channels.  Pitches look like broccoli tops on on BBC and ITV. Switch to Sky sports you get mushy peas 

Look, admit it's not worthy of the charge for HD. Get it sorted or refund my subscription to date.