cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports f1 picture awful

BazzaBear
Joining in

Hi

Does anyone else suffer with "ghosting" on sky sports f1?

Just had an engineer check connections, change my box and boost my signal but still the sky sports f1 channel picture is awful, its barely watchable, never had this on the Now Tv app!

27 REPLIES 27

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I sometimes find with the Sky Sports Football HD, Sky Sports Premier League HD, and to a lesser extent Sky Sports Main Event HD often give a better picture if I set the HDMI resolution to either 1080i or 1080p on the 360 and leave my TV to do any upscaling. I haven't had to do that with the Sky Sports F1 HD channel though.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I tried as you suggested but to no avail. I know its not a fair comparision but this is 2022 and Virgin need to compete with the way most people watch TV i.e Streaming....

Hi BazzaBear,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've had with the Sky Sports Channel. 

I have been able to check our system and I am unable to locate any issue that could be affecting this. 

I have read over what you have advised up to now. Can you confirm if you have been able to try a different Tv at any point?

^Martin

Hi Martin

Thank you for your reply, unfortunatly i do not have an alternative TV to try. As mentioned, this is a new TV which has no issues with HD or the inbuilt Netflix type services. I have had Virgin in my home for the last 20 odd years, mainly the Broadband service, when i moved we changed this to include the TV so that it includes the F1 and BT Sports channels, If the "Normal SD Channels" are this bad what's the point of having the package?

Bazzabear

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you able to post a picture or video of this problem?

I could be wrong, but it seems there's an element of guesswork in this thread as to what the issue actually is.

A picture tells a thousand words...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BazzaBear

Welcome to the community! 

Sorry to hear you're having picture issues on you TV at this time. We can run through some checks and questions on your set top box. Please let me know if any of these steps help at all: 

•  Can you confirm if this only occurs on SD channel? Do you have any issues at all on HD channels at all? 
  • Make sure all your cables are secure and tight into the equipment.
  • Do you see any error messages or codes on your set top box?
  • What colour is the LED light on your set top box?
  • Please go to your settings menu and ensure the picture resolution is set to 'Automatic'
Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley, many thanks for replying

The answers are as follows;

Does not happen on the HD channels, happens on a lot of the SD channels with varying degrees, unfortunately the channel I'm most interested is the Sky F1 and its one of the worst!

Cables are of a good quality and are all tightly connected.

No error messages or codes on set top box

The LED on the set top box is White

Picture resolution is set back to automatic, i did try each setting but this had little to no effect

Many thanks

pfh1959
Superfast

Watching f1 tonight I was thinking the same I was thinking if sky reduced the quality then they gave us the uhd channel wold that be only HD at best 

My thoughts exactly! Was comparing channels and a classic Black & White film on TCM looked BETTER than the F1....

The SD versions of Sky Witness, Sky Comedy, Sky History +1, 4Seven and ITV2 +1 use the same mux as Sky F1 if all these have the same problem you may need your signal levels adjusting. You can compare those against Sky Sports Golf, Sky Showcase and ITV3 +1 as they use a different mux.