cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports f1 picture awful

BazzaBear
Joining in

Hi

Does anyone else suffer with "ghosting" on sky sports f1?

Just had an engineer check connections, change my box and boost my signal but still the sky sports f1 channel picture is awful, its barely watchable, never had this on the Now Tv app!

27 REPLIES 27

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

But remember signal level issues tend to manifest as picture breakup & pixellation.

I had the same thought earlier in this thread, but I'm not convinced this is the OP's issue. Happy to be proven wrong...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Actually the OP did say in his original post the signal had been checked and adjusted so perhaps a picture would be useful as suggested.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@roy247 wrote:

Actually the OP did say in his original post the signal had been checked and adjusted so perhaps a picture would be useful as suggested.

Absolutely!! Already suggested in post#15 above, too.

@BazzaBearWould you be able to post a picture/video of exactly what the issue is? It may just help both other users and the VM staff, to offer some useful advice here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I do understand what the OP is going through, I don't have the HD versions of the sports package, couldn't justify paying an additional £7 per month. However, the SD versions are so poor. It's a relief when the footy is being shown on BT Sport's because at least I can watch in HD. 

Weird thing is, I end up opting to watch football on Sky Sports Main Event instead of Premier League channel as the SD picture is slightly better on Main Event.

My F1 SD looks pretty poor also

Hi

As suggested by a couple of people, see below some pictures. As you can see, there are a couple of the BT Sport HD showing Rugby, whilst the action on the field is a tad blurry the graphic is crystal clear (see photo 7 down bottom left corner) As you can see on the F1 pictures, the graphics are ghostly, no definition, plus the F1 cars are barely recognisable, but one of the worst is the 8 picture with the 2No F1 presenters, again like the graphics ghostly, you could say out of focus. As mentioned previously i have had an engineer visit who says he checked the signal, he did swap the box just incase, but this had no discernible impact. 

Many thanks for all your suggestions, unfortunately i only see one solution, F1 in HD (sorry not bothered about the football, didn't even want it)

Cheers

IMG_5640.jpgIMG_5642.jpgIMG_5643.jpgIMG_5650.jpgIMG_5651.jpgIMG_5658.jpgIMG_5660.jpgIMG_5662.jpgIMG_5666.jpg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's nothing wrong with that picture, signal-wise.

That has all the hallmarks of an SD picture being upscaled too much for too big a screen, IMO. I concur with any suggestion that taking the Sky Sports HD add-on is the solution here.

As a comparison you could try watching / recording the F1 highlights tonight on channel 4, 00:30, 104 (SD), 141 (HD), and see if the SD version is any better than the Sky SD.

I would pay the extra for HD or try negotiating for a package that includes Sky Sports HD, unfortunately the way Sky sell the Sports I don't think you can just specify 1 Sport's channel from anyone, if I am wrong I am sure someone will be along to correct that statement.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@roy247 wrote:

I would pay the extra for HD or try negotiating for a package that includes Sky Sports HD, unfortunately the way Sky sell the Sports I don't think you can just specify 1 Sport's channel from anyone, if I am wrong I am sure someone will be along to correct that statement.

Indeed so. When Sky relaunched their sports portfolio they allowed their own retail customers to subscribe to specific channels individually or all as a collective.

That option was never available via VM - you either have the whole Sky Sports portfolio or none at all. Mix is the only exception to this. HD is equally an all-or-nothing option, but having SD channels upscaled to HD and beyond - is never going to end well.