cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports f1 picture awful

BazzaBear
Joining in

Hi

Does anyone else suffer with "ghosting" on sky sports f1?

Just had an engineer check connections, change my box and boost my signal but still the sky sports f1 channel picture is awful, its barely watchable, never had this on the Now Tv app!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@roy247 wrote:

Actually the OP did say in his original post the signal had been checked and adjusted so perhaps a picture would be useful as suggested.

Absolutely!! Already suggested in post#15 above, too.

@BazzaBearWould you be able to post a picture/video of exactly what the issue is? It may just help both other users and the VM staff, to offer some useful advice here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

27 REPLIES 27

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, the picture on Sky Sports F1 HD is fine for me - are you watching the SD or HD version?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi

I believe its Standard Definition, even so its not really watchable especially fr the money being paid! Never had this issue with this on the Now TV app

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Sports SD was never known for it's PQ compared with the HD versions, but the obvious next check is to ask whether other Sky Sports SD channels are similarly affected.

I would say over the whole spectrum of channels i have access to, a reasonable amount have a picture issue. i just tried other sports channels and they have issues to, i then tried a drama channel and the show was from 20 years ago and it looked better than sky sports!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Details of specific channels would be useful. Also have you tried swapping your HDMI lead and/or port?

What make & model of TV are you watching on? SD channels on anything bigger than an HD-TV are never going to be great,

Its a Sony 65" LED 4K Ultra HD, the inbuilt Netflix or Youtube work superbly,

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well I'm quite surprised that any SD channels are half-decent on a screen that size, but all the same.

Meant to add that the cables are good quality and have been swapped to check there ok, plus used different ports. Tried different channels including the music, film and entertainment, again these had mixed results

@BazzaBear wrote:

Its a Sony 65" LED 4K Ultra HD, the inbuilt Netflix or Youtube work superbly,

Not a fair comparison using the TV's app against a SD sourch that's being upscaled to 4K by the 360, try setting the 360's resolution to 576 and let your TV upscale, even setting the 360 to 1080 and allowing the TV to do the upscaling makes a difference to some HD source's.