cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports channels not working

Jbarr87
Joining in

Hi I've had a new 360 mini box installed recently and some sky sports channels aren't working. I've tried factory resetting and been on the phone to someone at virgin this morning who hung the phone up on me when we couldn't get it sorted. 

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you explain how these channels are not working? Are you getting an error code/message? Or is there a problem with the picture?

It may also help to be specific about which Sky Sports channels aren't working - there's 10 of them and it may help fault diagnosis if we know which ones you have problems with, and whether you're using the SD versions or HD.

As a starter, you've mentioned this problem is only apparent on one of your multiroom boxes - I therefore presume it's not a problem with the other one. Have you tried swapping the 2 boxes around, and checked whether the problem (whatever it is) follows the box or stays with the co-ax connection point?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Only sky sports mix and sky sports news are working. It's saying setting up TV channels when I try and watch it. It's been saying that all morning though and not working. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

SS Mix & SS News aren't part of the Sky Sports package but are in the standard TV tiers. I would therefore take from your symptoms that the account codes needed to show the premium channels on your multiroom box aren't in-place.

You will need to either call in (getting a different agent second time) to resolve this, or wait (might be a couple of days) for the staff team to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Still nothing sorted **bleep** customer service is an absolute joke

roy247
Community elder

If all the Sky Sports channels are showing on your main box you could try replacing the main box with the mini box as previously suggested to see that kicks thing's into life. If that fails then it's either a case of calling 150 again or wait for a forum team member to pick this up.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jbarr87 wrote:

Still nothing sorted **bleep** customer service is an absolute joke

Is that because you've not called back? Or because you've spoken to another agent who couldn't help? And if the latter, what did they say?

Called back and there saying it's problem with my TV it's clearly not

Hi Jbarr87, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that the Sky Sports channels are not working, can you ensure that the box is rebooted and that all connections are hand tight? Can you confirm if you are still having this issue or has this since been resolved? ^Chris.