cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports channel 502 sd

pots1968
Tuning in

Hi

has anyone noticed a major drop off in quality of the sky sports premier league channel in SD ( channel 502) - all other sky sports channels in SD have a watchable quality but 502 is badly pixelated.

this seems to have become an issue since I renegotiated my deal…..

the channel was really good before but now is almost unwatchable.

poor service really.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pots1968 wrote:

Those channels are fine - just 502 pixelated.

I'm intentionally specifically replying to @pots1968 who started this thread.

I took it as read you were viewing in HD, but given you have a TV360, do you have the Sky HD add-on? I quoted (some of) the channels that share a broadcast mux with Sky PL-HD, but if you're watching in SD - then I've given you the wrong list.

For PL-SD, compare with 151, 152, 153, 155 & 226

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

23 REPLIES 23

TheBlackCat
Tuning in

I've got the same problem. I only noticed yesterday for the first time but fortunately I was watching the live games and these were OK on Sky Main Event. The channel is totally unwatchable at the moment. This is not acceptable.

Agreed the main event channel is perfectly fine….which makes the situation a bit more bizarre…..!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably being done on purpose so it makes you subscribe to have it in HD, BT sport and Eurosport give you HD and 4K at  no extra charge as do all the other TV channels.

Does make you wonder doesn’t it…!!

What makes it worse is that they won't let you add the HD channels during a contract 'cooling off' period where you have the leverage to leave.  I want to add the HD channels as, like many, I find the quality of the SD channels unacceptable.  But they will not do so until the 14 days have expired and they can charge what they want with no ability to cancel.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pots1968 wrote:

502 is badly pixelated.

Pixellation is a signal fault. Should also affect 503, 147, 251, 277 and a couple of others besides.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Those channels are fine - just 502 pixelated.

thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What i would like to know is why is sky the only one where you have to pay extra to watch sky sports in HD or 4K when nobody else charges you extra to watch in HD or 4k.

Anonymous
Not applicable

All my sky sports sd channels are rubbish except main event 511 .