cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky channels poor quality

JAftergut
Joining in

I am overall pleased with my new Virgin TV system, however the Sky channels display very poor picture quality and that needs improvement asap. Please advise how this can be dealt with. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have Sky Sports HD included in your subscription? Check your bill & contract for an entry that says "Sky Sports HD pack". If that's not there, then you're viewing Sky Sports in SD - which might also be part of the quality issue.

Unfortunately on TV360, there is only set of SS channels in EPG 501-510 - whether you're viewing in SD or HD depends whether you have the (chargeable) HD add-on in your package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

MarcusB
Tuning in

Which channels are affected?  Are you watching HD channels o SD channels?

Thank you for your reply. It's just the regular Sky Sports channels included in my Virgin TV bundle. How do I know which is HD/or where to find them?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have Sky Sports HD included in your subscription? Check your bill & contract for an entry that says "Sky Sports HD pack". If that's not there, then you're viewing Sky Sports in SD - which might also be part of the quality issue.

Unfortunately on TV360, there is only set of SS channels in EPG 501-510 - whether you're viewing in SD or HD depends whether you have the (chargeable) HD add-on in your package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you for your reply. Perhaps it's not included in my packag

Screenshot_20221002-182730_My Virgin Media.jpg

e? See attached. It says HD, but not as you described exactly.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you only have Maxit, then Sky Sports isn't included.

You get BT Sports in HD, but both Sky Sports & Sky Cinema are premium add-ons.

Sky Sports News HD & Sky Sports Mix HD aren't part of the Sky Sports package. An example of a package with Sky Sports & the HD add-on included, is...

japitts_0-1662885743605.png

Thank you for your help! I'm quite gutted to learn this, as sports was the main reason I picked the bundle in the first place (literally called "sports bundle"). I guess I'll go online/call to see if I can add HD. Always happy to take more advice. Cheers again

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you mean the (quick Google search later) "Bigger Bundle plus Sports", then that does indeed only include Sky Sports in SD. HD will be an extra £7/month due to Sky's SD/HD charging structure.

In any advertising for Sky & HD - best to assume things are SD-only unless they explicitly state otherwise. I can't see any reference to Sky Sports at all in your screenshot above - save Sky Sports News.

Thank you; very insightful indeed. You're right, it doesn't say Sky Sports on the screenshot. I found this on my bill. But probably doesn't include HD, as you explained.

Screenshot_20221002-185217_My Virgin Media.jpg

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies for that JAftergut,

Welcome to the community!

Can I ask was HD due to be added to the package?

Regards,

Kain