cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports on Virgin

PaulMcF
Just joined

Hi,

I'm thinking of switching to Virgin Media from Sky and would like to understand whether or not I would be able to:

1. Record any of the Sky Sports channels

2. Set up the system to record a series

3. Get Sky Atlantic

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

stephentucker
Up to speed
5 REPLIES 5

stephentucker
Up to speed
1 Yes
2 Yes
3 No

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

1: Yes - the TV360 box allows recording of any TV channels that you subscribe to and can watch

2: Yes - TV360 has series-link functionality for any series that is currently being broadcast

3: No - Virgin Media does not currently carry Sky Atlantic in SD or HD.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

adhsmith
On our wavelength
Recently did similar for the most part it has been fine, there are quite a few drawbacks to Virgin compared to Sky which I accept due to value newbie pricing but for Sky sports specifically

No UHD on Sky Sport

The TV on the go app is not as well integrated as Sky, so you will need separate app for sport and bbc. etc, it doesn't work through Virgins TV GO app.

Series link works fine, though any UHD sky series stuff is not recorded like you can do on Sky, it is streamed from Sky and so you have to specifically select UHD episodes to watch it.

As I have a Now TV 4K box and a Fire TV Stick 4K I can buy an Entertainment Pass and get Sky Atlantic, cost is £9.99pm but lower prices are readily available, e.g. I've been offered discounts by Now to renew.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Now don’t have the full array of sky atlantic box sets that Sky Q has fyi