cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports UHD

Stevomac1986
Tuning in

I’ve noticed SS UHD has appeared on the planner. Click on UHD Main Event, it asks me subscribe then states it can’t. As a Maxit package holder, do we have to pay extra? 

8FA35680-7C0B-4F29-9432-78E7F20FEF67.jpeg

C118709E-8B2B-486A-B7E8-BE7E62CFA519.jpeg

C8FDCA09-8606-4817-9B41-05DBB4C7C8BD.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

£7 extra per month I believe. Being discussed over here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Sky-Sports-UHD-anytime-soon/td-p/5073048/page/21

My setup: VM TV 360 box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

£7 extra per month I believe. Being discussed over here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Sky-Sports-UHD-anytime-soon/td-p/5073048/page/21

My setup: VM TV 360 box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, Scott

thrice
Superfast

Yesterday I added the three Sky Sports UHD channels to my Maxit package for an additional £7 per month. Whether it is worth it or not is up to the individual. There is very little of interest (to me) on the main UHD channel at present and nothing on the other two but I see that the Premier League games that Sky Sports are showing are scheduled to also run in UHD. I am sure the F1 races will also be shown in UHD once the new season starts. FWIW, the picture quality is excellent being HDR as well as UHD.

Maybe you’re right. I’ve read the other thread regarding Sports UHD and the only thing that concerns me is that there have been a number or prices mentioned like £4, £3 or both Sports and Cinema UHD for £10 as a pair. Sky will always have the upper hand on VM as it provides them with most of their premium content with entertainment, sports and movies.

It would be nice to get Sky Atlantic at some point or even if HBO strike a deal with VM directly but I’m sure that’s another conversation/thread!!

I've just added them for £7 a month and they have HLG HDR!