cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports UHD anytime soon?

Koolmacher
Dialled in
  • It's now 3 years since the press statement claiming a deal has been struck with Sky for the provision of movies and sport in 4k uhd. Cinema 4k came in 2021 on virginmedia but when are we getting Sky Sport in 4k uhd?

My contract is up in September and a return to Sky is looking very tempting at the minute. 

331 REPLIES 331

Anyone know where people stand in cancelling it?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again james,

Since it's an add on  like the Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD add on which doesn't change your contract length, I would imagine it will also require 30 days’ notice to remove, the same as the Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD pick

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I was given a new contract ( same length) , not shown as an add on , so good question how easy is it to cancel ?

Forum Team ?

got mine on last night only started my contract in September but because virgin are increasing the prices in April you have the option to leave so I told them this and they knocked £10 pm off my bill and no price rise this April so added the uhd and basically have got it for free as I’m still £3 pm better off than I was 😀😀

@jamesredfern wrote:

I tested this out of curiosity. 

Tv app plays in hdr 360 app sdr

That does imply an issue somewhere, as the TV does do HLG, but it appears that you are not getting that to the screen from your 360 box, which if so means that the picture will not be right.

If you have a Samsung have you tried 3 and 4 above, and also checked the picture settings for the Virgin box?

I don't have an issue with hlg on sky sports uhd or any other hdr. Must be an iplayer problem. 

If iPlayer does not get the correct EDID from the UHD TV (or does not process the EDID correctly), then UHD will not be sent to the TV if iPlayer believes that the TV does not support UHD.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Once added, do you get a 14 day cooling off period? Or do you can to wait 40 days to cancel?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

i Hi @oxfordmark,

Thank you for your post, as this is a subscription, we would need the 30-days notice to cancel.

Zoie

Ironically my Samsung TV which was having issues with the dull Sky Sports UHD channels broke. So I purchased a new LG OLED48A26LA. And the difference is unbelievable, the UHD channels are absolutely stunning. In fact the Sky Sports UHD channels make BT Sport UHD look very ordinary.