cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports UHD anytime soon?

Koolmacher
Dialled in
  • It's now 3 years since the press statement claiming a deal has been struck with Sky for the provision of movies and sport in 4k uhd. Cinema 4k came in 2021 on virginmedia but when are we getting Sky Sport in 4k uhd?

My contract is up in September and a return to Sky is looking very tempting at the minute. 

331 REPLIES 331

@happyrobot wrote:

But the community experts and virgin apologists told us earlier that the upscaling was pretty much the same as UHD... 🤡

Yes. Maybe they need Specsavers or haven't compared between VM and Sky. 

Total rubbish you have typed. 

Exactly what I did mate, Back with Sky and moved to Vodafone broadband , excellent service for both , so glad left Virgin 

davidatennis
Joining in

Anyone seen any recent news on this? Coming to end of contract, would really prefer not to have the hassle of changing providers, but I can't go another year or more without UHD Sports.

Firewarrior
Tuning in

Deal has obviously fallen through or it has changed and VM don’t want to update anyone as they think this will keep customers. Lol

I get forum staff are not privy to executive level talks but by now it’s obvious it’s not happening. 

The leadership should really save all the hassle and just announce it has fallen through. It shouldn’t take this long in fairness.
But yeah so much for 4K sports on VM, only BT is viable and they don’t show that many games on it anyway. 

There’s no value in it on VM. If you want 4K better go elsewhere. 

nuzikdude
On our wavelength

I wouldn't trust virgin to do anything right, absolute liars and useless from the top down. 

incompetence runs through this company like an epidemic.

You have more chance of getting 4k Sky Sports from contact lenses than Virgin. Save yourself the bother and go to SKY. customer services are better there too. 

In reality SKY have the upper hand unfortunately. Their withholding of 4k sport and Sky Atlantic give them the edge for trying to entice new subscribers. It is disappointing that VM don't admit their 4k SKY Sports promimise is flawed though. 

@Royalbeech wrote:
Total rubbish you have typed. 
Thanks Yoda. But it's not really rubbish is it? It's the VM sales team that talk rubbish (or lie)

Hi @nuzikdude,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you feel this way about our service. We currently do not have an update regarding Sky Sports UHD. If we get an update, you will see this on our website. You can find some of our great sport options here  https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/channels/sports

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

When will you get sky sports in 4KUHD?